Nekima, worth the 13SS?

GTDemon777

The Hooded rider could see more table useage than Lilith Avatar, though, unless he likes waldegeist. It's 8ss and i think fairly well balanced. If he likes waldegeist, then i think Alilith is a great model to get.

This made me laugh but from personal experience Avatar Lillith is so underestimated by many on the boards here, but like I have gone into detail about her in another thread on the topic. with and without Waldergiests.

As for other options, Bad Juju can be tactically useful for schemes and strategy achievements, as well, and if he likes the Black Blood Shaman, then a Mature Nephilim is as good as it gets.

This applies to alot probably 90% of the neverborn models including Nekima, Avatars heck even twins or triplets (add tuco) even Quadruplets (add Graves) etc. Each has their uses on particular schemes and scenarios and less useful on others.

Nekima might make a come back onto the table once Wyrd gets to her, and there are many who bought the model already (she was one of the most impressive model that Wyrd produced for quite a while, and also the most expensive in ss). There are also a few who really dig her story and want her to be more than a minion, so...we're waiting in our corners while playing her anyway :)

Personalyl I feel Nekima is fine in her cost, her model needs redoing as I have resortd to a proxy at non official events to minimise snapping her ankles.

Just one thing I feel why it won't change cost is due to the amount of high cost models possible in a growth list. for example so you start with 6 tots (18ss) when grown to full potential, 2 mature 4 young (44ss) with the potential to grow the young if a mature dies

makes your crew size in a points sence double or more your opponants and becomes unbalanced. Her high cost keeps this in check.

there are other crews that have summons etc but most are small and fragile like rats or are replacements for fallen like constructs and undead. those that do upgrade to better minions often require more than one to be sacrifices like SPA's. but tot can go from a 3ss model to a 10ss model which is no slouch on turn one in the right conditions.

Fluff wise with any game is subject to individual interpretation. for now the way I read it

while destined for greatness she is to wild and rash to truly lead and others just follow to keep their heads. Lillith just maipulates her akin to waving a red rag in front of a bull and pointing her off in a direction to break stuff. in my mind keeps her as a minion and not require Annamosity: Lillith