Malifaux Breech Bag Review!

Mydnight

So I got my Breech Bag this morning and after giving it a look over I think it'll be worthwhile.

There's plenty of real estate though BF could've added a few more pockets to help things be organized more. They have a dual stack of trays with each having a 3" & 1.5" pluck foam, 2x 1.5" trays for models (just like the troop tray from the original Malifaux Bag), and a 1.5" tray that has 8 slots for standard models and 36 slots for smaller/height 1 models.

Note that this is an increase from the original Malifaux bag which had a 1" tray instead. The 3" pluck foam tray is also an increase from the original bag which had a 2.5" pluck foam tray.

I was able to get three rules books in the main pouch, and 2 of the rules manuals with 3 decks of cards in one of the medium sized pockets. I got 2 measuring tapes and a bunch of soul stone counters (in a plastic blister) in one of the smaller pockets. The other two pockets I plan to use for cards, and yes the smaller pocket can fit a small stack of laminated cards vertically.

The bag also has a set of wheels, and is designed to be able to fit airplane carry on dimensions if memory serves correctly. No shoulder strap, but there are straps that you can use for carrying it. It does have a pull-out handle for when you want to tug it around on the wheels.

The price is $179.99 before shipping for a standard load out bag, $149.99 for an empty bag (no foam trays), and $204.99 for a custom load out.

For pictures and a bit of an extended look check out my blog: http://mydnightshobbycorner.blogspot.com/2012/08/breech-bag-review.html

Thanks for the info, have been curious about it. Think for now Ill stick with my original Mali bag. Only complaint I had about it was the zippered panel with the pouches, pen holders and such.. felt wasnt designed well.

My opinion might change if had to travel long distance with whole mini collection.. since I am a sucker for things with a logo.