Ladies and gentleman, WELCOME, to the cirque du soir... (Collette)

*Jack*

Hi all,

Had a log before but it became congested with various different crews. So I'm starting a new one for my collette crew, and I'll possibly post my other arcanists here when I get around to them :)

So first up, we have some doves. Minor conversion on the first one, removing that book, perching him on a hatstand, and making a vase of flowers for the foyer of the show.

20120822_214743.jpg

I was worried about painting this one, but I enjoyed it. Might buy another set when I've got more experience with colours under my belt and have the poof of smoke trail multicoloured.

20120822_214751.jpg

32mm scale playing cards. Woop. Very pleased with how these turned out, not happy about the backs yet though, thoughts?

20120822_214802.jpg

20120822_214807.jpg

Thanks in advance for any comments and crit :)

Ah. Dove with hat, so we meet again my foolish advisory.

Oh right. Impulses. Sorry.

Good start. Painting the doves first? I choose to do the same...stupid hat bird... good start. You might want to add a dot or similar to the back of the cards so that it isn't just square. Cut out some paper and paint them as card and put them on the wooden floor. I found that that improved things too me.

Ah. Dove with hat, so we meet again my foolish advisory.

Oh right. Impulses. Sorry.

Good start. Painting the doves first? I choose to do the same...stupid hat bird... good start. You might want to add a dot or similar to the back of the cards so that it isn't just square. Cut out some paper and paint them as card and put them on the wooden floor. I found that that improved things too me.

I have a painted showgirl too, though I'm not very pleased with her so I didnt upload it yet :/ Great idea re: the cards on the floor :) I'll definitely be trying it. I also added some cards to my collette, though she's PIP atm so I dont know if a pic will look very good :/

@Jonasty - Haha sorry ;)

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Well, I have pics of my first painted performer and a painted coryphee... (Which means I have another 3 coryphees left -.-)

Wasnt a big fan of my paintjob, but after mulling it over, it's grown on me and I'm fairly happy.

cory.png

Performer - Can't seem to get decent pics, but here she is. Don't plan on running performers that often so not really bothered. Will pick up a pack of Oiran (japanese geisha showgirls from book 4) when they're released.

performer.png

performer2.png

And here's a WIP of colette - Just to show you the cards I was on about :)

ColWIP.png

Finally:

1. I played my first game with them. Coryphee duets are broken. Hilariously so. Not a massive fan of performers, but I think they're better than I gave them credit for.

2. I started this crew as a distraction from my exams, and I'm going back to college next week. So I'd like to sort them out and finish them by next week. A big challenge, but should be focused and fun.

3. I bought avatar colette. Not sure why yet, have no great yearning to try her, and it was expensive. But hey, it's going to be fun painting them up :)

Been working on some coryphees - Ruined them with the bases I think, not sure why. They're a pain to travel with. Always breaking, but lovely models:

P1070666.jpg

P1070670.jpg

Also working on Acolette. Here's the start, havent blended the yellow to the orange or red yet though :/

P1070665.jpg

Hope you enjoy :)

I really like the cards in Colette stack of cards and the dove flying out of the hat I just cant seem to paint that small for my cards! I just about to repaint my Colette and thinking of having her hold a soul stone with some scattered on her base

I think that would look great! Her pose is very strange, and I think the inclusion of anything in her hand really adds to the model (And also makes yours unique).

I'm definitely not the worlds best painter, so the fact I could paint the cards says something! If you want to paint in detail that small, I'd recommend getting a kolinsky sable hair brush. Hold their point phenominally well, and a pleasure to use. Winsor and newton series 7 (Like this) are great :) Expensive, but well worth it IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm back. Almost finished the showgirls now :D So here's some pics of my latest:

3.png

1.png

One of Acolette. Very lovely model, really enjoyed painting the smoke stuff. Was a lot of fun. Note though, to get the plume in an organic swirl, I had to twist them, as on the stock model, the plume is practically perpendicular and looks a bit ridiculous IMO :L Here's a pic showing what I mean:

2-1.png

and another one :)

c.png

b.png

Again, a very nice model. Not worth the £27 price tag for three, but I'm pleased I got them :P

Finally, a mannequin. Sorry for the bad pic :/

a.png

Comments and crits greatly appreciated, cheers for looking :D