Puppet Wars Online League

AntiZombie

So here is the deal, puppets are FUN! and we should do some puppet waring!

teddies.jpg

Here we go! ::video game announcer voice::

Here is the Puppet Wars Dust In the Attic League.pdfHandbook with all the information on the league. I will be keeping up with it and playing in it when i get a chance but i will not be a factor in the outcome. I also need to apologize for spelling and syntax errors in the Handbook, im just lazy...

Puppet Wars Dust In the Attic League.pdfPuppet Wars Dust In the Attic League.pdf

Here are the Achievements you can insert into your sig after the DITA Construct.

1):hellboy: 6):Needle: 11):rams 16) :+fate

2):Button: 7):Needle:! 12):crows 17):Thimble:

3):Button:! 8):ghost: 13):tomes 18):radioactive:

4)*heart* 9):Cthulhu: 14) :masks 19):NoCthulhu:

5) *heart*! 10):ninja: 15) :ranged 20):rorschach:

Everything else you need should be in the handbook. This is where I will start posting the standings when they start rolling in. Please attend :) it should be fun. Register your name with me ASAP.

Standings:

Antizombie the Iron Prince of puppets: *heart*! 9

Inukai the Pastor of Muppets : 6

Doctor Lucky the Carousing Puppeteer: *heart*! 4.5

SSSK the notorious PhD (puppet handling disaster): *heart*! 3

Jonasty Puppet Lord of the Sebouillia : 2

Monticus the Stich Ripper Seamstress from Hell: 0

Peace out,

Antizombie your Iron Prince of Puppets

PS to the law. If you guys want to donate any prize support, such as Lmt. extra metal puppets, or maybe a boxed set...

Edited by AntiZombie

Friday Update. Dr. Lucky jumps into the lead with the first achievment unlocked! and a new challenger has appeared! SSSK the notorious PhD (puppet handling disaster)

I also want to say that you do not have to be a forum member to play. If someone you play with is not on the forums but wants to play, just email me their puppet nickname and report their games for them and they will be off to the attic.

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK!

Recruitment! if you get someone to register with me and they mention your name i will award you .5 points.

Edited by AntiZombie

Hmmm, I thought I'd sent one yesterday.... perhaps some random person now has a very random email in their inbox. I'll send you a pm (at some point in the next few hours)

Edit: by hours, it seems that I meant minutes. PM sent

Edited by sssk

By that logic, if anyone would like a game over skype messenger, give me a shout (either here, or pm me). I'm around for the rest of the day (UK time), which I guess is roughly until 6 in the evening (plus or minus a couple of hours) across most of the US.

Friday update! Only it's thrusday thanks for asking!

So we see the supreme iron prince of puppets jumping out to a huge lead! but wait he doesn't count.... darn....

meanwhile back in the toychest almost everyone is on the board with Dr. Lucky doing his best to suck up all the points possible! SSSK is always game for a, um, game so watch out for him if you choose to become his victim. Inukai found his way onto the board outlasting one in a 4 player game but fell to the great Iron prince of puppets who fell to a new player with pokey vik.... ouch my stuffing (glad she wasn't in the league). Johnasty also fell victim to the iron prince but Lo how else will you toybox conscripts get better ;).

Weekly challenge!!

Get Wyrd employees, Justin, Eric, Ratty, Nathan, or Karn to join in on the league. If these people join the league reply to this thread first with the phrase "One of us!" and get a point. You can do this each time one is added to the roster, if any are added.... pester them maybe...? (Hey this is crazy, and i don't know you, but join the puppet war maybe?)

Weekly challenge Bonus round awesome time!

Any 4 player games reported this week will give an additional .5 points to the winner and loser.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Puppeteers,

This is a happy day and a sad day. Happy, because I've finally finished the puppets from the starter set:

Completestarterbox.png

But a sad day, because this is the last I'll see of these little puppets for a year! I'm sending them off with a friend of mine who is going to Malaysia for the year. I'm also sending all of my duplicate puppets with him, so no more double puppets for me. Fortunately, I do have another starter set (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be sending mine halfway round the world), so my puppeteering shouldn't be diminished too much (and when the plastic set is out, I'll be back to full puppet strength). I make no promises, but this could result in another skype based puppeteer for the puppet league (perhaps not this one, but maybe another one in a few months time).

I think I'll do the plastic puppets in a different (and faster) style, but anyway, hope you all enjoy these guys.

sssk

I am giving you the *heart*! achievment and an extra .5 points for sharing ! Everybody share!

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Friday update, yes it's saturday thanks for asking!

Well it has been a sad week for the league, no one did anything. Even me ( don't mind the pile of models I painted).

So this weeks CHALLENGE is:

Get an achievement. For every achievement earned you will get an extra 0.5 points.

Friday update! Yup it's friday, thanks for asking.

Inukai, Jonasty and I had a wonderful romp with another player. It did not especially go well for me as I was trying for the Teddy Bear Picnic achievment ( and I missed the Noms achievement by 1!!) Thankfully the look on Johnasty's face as Teddies swallowed his executioner and mature nephlim whole was priceless :).

THis week's Challenge is:

SCENARIO TIME (kind of like adventure time but with more scenarios):

Play a scenario get an extra .5 points. Thus you get a WHOLE POINT for playing a scenario so that's 2 points even if you loose. That's right I am crazy.

PLAY MOOR GAMES ERMEGHD!

Friday Update.

I got nothing. But the league is slowly winding to an end so i suggest people get a few more games in.

So here is the friday challenge. A couple weeks ago I played a 4 player game and this was the board:

download_zps0d97a922.jpg

Your job is to tell me, based on the evidence in the picture, which three puppets are dead in this picture ( there may be more but there is only evidence of three). If you give me the correct answer I will give you 1 point!

So to follow on from that massive success (*cough* I now have more points in this league from "extra curricular activities" than from games *cough*), does anyone fancy a game via skype over the next few days (I'm vaguely available from Thursday afternoon/evening until sometime on Sunday)?

It's dead easy, promise.

Woo. I've got a game against my friend who's done a runner to Malaysia tomorrow! My second (and last) game of the league (sigh). I think we can now say with some certainty that puppet wars has gone global. I may post an "end of turns" summary report as we go, or at the end, though the photos will just be a load of lumps of silvery metal, as I don't have any of the starter set models painted now (because Mr Malaysia has those ones!)... I await plastic puppets with baited breath (and loaded bank account).

Hmmm, so I need to win the game, and achieve one achievement to draw with inukai.

Well I already have my toybox sorted out, it's a seamus box, and there's no convict gunslinger there, so that's lucky duck (achievement 18) out of the window. Of the others, the only achievements I realistically might be able to get are "we don't need no stinking work benches" (don't take any extra work benches), and "stealthy stuffing" (win a game killing nothing but the opponents master). So I'll aim for those two... I foresee a loss on the cards