how meany riders is the right amount

izikial

Hi there, I love levie, joint faborit with ramos, and I love his avatar, I also love the 4 horsmen thing, bothe the origonal law, and the in game potrail, so natuaraly this has lead me to wanting to avatar levi. So I have a few questions

1 how meany horsemen do youi take if you looking to avatar

2 witch ones do you take

3 how do you use them pre avatar

Well, I believe the general plan is to take all but the Dead Rider because they're cheaper and then summon the Dead Rider in later.

However, this smacks of inefficency. You spend two turns getting that manifest requirement, another turn manifesting and then another making that last Rider.This gives you just two turns of proper play with ALevi and worst of all, those two middle turns (often the most crucial) you are basically doing nothing. You'd be better off having ALevi without all the bells and whistles and having that extra turn of use.

I think the Pale Rider is a must if considering Avatar.

I would recommend two, so that you would have a crew to select, and only if you are playing something Like Contain Power, Claim Jump and Supply Wagon. The main reason for this is the lack of Activations is not as bad in those Strategies.

I would highly recommend starting with the Pale and Hooded Riders. The Hooded Rider is pretty survivable thanks to his abilities, and the Pale Rider is a great hit and Run character

I wish normal levi worked better with rider spam, so with 2 riders what kinde of list are you looking at at 35 ss,

Pale rider

Hooded rider

Ashes and dust/4 spa's/rusty alice (one of the three options)

Something like that, or do you want to go for lots of low ss modles for activations? Also I don't like the isea of something like rotten bells cus they have no use after manifesting

A dog for another wiaf is pretty much an auto include for Levi. Rusty is a really fun model to run, but I find she has trouble keeping up with the rest of the group and is relatively easy to kill. I prefer to get more lower cost models and have a better handle on activation, or give myself a bit of a cache to work with when I hit avatar. Personally I would take a large steampunk aracnid over the warden, but it really depends what the schemes are and who I'm going against.

Edited by His Fattness

Id take

Levei + Avatar (5ss Cache)

Mechanical Rider (melee expert)

Dead Rider (best ressurrection point)

Lazarus (to copy Riders skills)

1 Canine Remains

Use levi to turn the Holo and CR in to SPAs on turn 1 and then turn 2 manifest "ALL" so on turn 3 u have Avatar and then summon the Pale Rider (crow) so that when u tak aLevei in to combat he has his crow for trigger and melee support from the other 2 riders and range support from Pale rider and Laz. and u will have 1 SPA ready to join 3 more that you make.

You can not Hire Lazarus in a crew that had any Guild model in or the other way around

(but u can summon the Pale rider after the game starts)

1 of the 2 Manifest Requirements is to Summon 2 Steampunk Abominations with Necrotic Unmaking spell, dose not say enemey on it.

Dam my idear won't work then.

I'll have to think of a new way to do it in turn one.

I was also thinking.

The dead rider drags Levi forward 10" and then he moves 3" taking one wound if he is within 10" of two enemy models with los to them then he can try and cast it 3 times.

I'll look in to trying it out.

The more I think about it the more I finde it less and less viable to play aleve, witch depress's me cus as I said I lover leve, aleve, 4 horseman lore, 4 horse men in game. I'm thinking ill just take dead rider and play a normal levi crew build, and just summon the pale rider, I only end up with two riders, and a crew that dosnt work with aleve, but at least i have 2 half playable crew's.

When playing fun games ill just take 4 or 3 and have fun, see how I do