Nananana Hoffman! Hoffman! and Little Lucy

E.T.A. Hoffman

Hi all,

I tried this list out for the first time at a tournament and took 2nd, so I'm pretty pleased with that :D

I think this list has many limitations, but overall, I think it can do some really potent damage! So without any further guildling (PUN!!!!) the lily:

Hoffman 5 SS Cache [kash]

Lucius

Ryle

Warden

Warden

Watcher

Watcher

What I found when I ran this was the sheer disgusting number of shots from Ryle. I was hesitant to build this list before, because if Ryle died, then Lucy was useless. Now with the release of the Wardens, I have options! A possible 9 shots from Ryle a turn. And not just that, but, the ability to have him double walk out, with Hoffman in toe, dump his Ranged Expert shot, then Hoffman makes him shoot 2 - 3 times. When Lucy comes around, he walks Ryle and Hoffman back. That means that on turn one, in theory, you could shoot four times at a max range of 20" (Double walk 8" but 12" gun) and if you were reckless enough, you could push him an additional 4" with his social repressed, but you'd leave Hoffman by himself.

But, it's got limitations. Namely, you are relaying on one model to do the work, and two other models to make him. The wardens are great, but this list is Ryle-centric, if he dies, then it really loses a lot. Plus terrain is killer. I lost the first round of the tourney because I simply could not get my opponent to step out of cover. And sadly, I took a Guardian instead of the watchers that round, big mistake. I had planned on using Hoffman and the Guardian to give Ryle armor 6! Which would have worked out better in a different game.

The last game I played was a great example of this lists potency. I used the Watchers to fly out and plant the evidence and the rest of the crew stood back and made a firing line. Turn one (or two, not sure) Ryle killed 14 SS of models on his own. The game still came down to the initiative flip later on, but that's also not the point.

There is a great deal of synergy between Lucius and Hoffman now, more so than any other master and Lucy.

Just thought I'd share. Also, liked to thank the TO and the players for the top notch Sportsmanship and skill.