how does manifesting Colette work

bashamer

Question

So manifesting Colette is kinda weird.

A few questions I had reading the rules

• If I use a (0) action and a (1) action to manifest; how many AP can I spend for the remainder of my activation?
  • Can the other 2 models use their 0 action?
  • If I use a (all) action to manifest; how many AP can I spend for the remainder of my activation?
  • When I manifest, whos Ramosses gift do I use for the optional healing flip?
  • As all 3 models have Ramosses gift does that mean each gets a free soulstone?

4 answers to this question

So manifesting Colette is kinda weird.

A few questions I had reading the rules

• If I use a (0) action and a (1) action to manifest; how many AP can I spend for the remainder of my activation?
  • If I use a (all) action to manifest; how many AP can I spend for the remainder of my activation?

She is a bit complicated, it comes down to following the order of operation on the manifest card.

Going from the bottom up:

Only 1 of the aColette models can use Ramos' gift. Its in the description of Ramos' gift that you pick that up:

During thier first activation in a turn, the first Soulstone discarded by either the Avatar of Deception or one of its Decoy's is not deducted from......

On the manifest/heal:

aColette chooses to heal before the decoys are set on the table, so it would be her SS that is used. This is not huge after you read through how Ramos' gift works. (they don't each get it)

You used an All action, so the entire avatar's AP are used up per the replace rules.

these are a bit trickier. If you manifest for a (0) or (1) action, the AP is used but is you do not choose who the original or decoy's are until after all three models are placed. Due to this, the first model you place on the table would have used thier (0) or (1) ap, but that would not necessarily be the decoy. In your example, the first placed model would have a possible 2 - 3 AP still to use, with a total of either 5 or 6 AP to use across all the aColette models. (6 if you used a (0) and 5 if you used a (1)).

The other models (aside from the first one placed) could still use (0) actions after manifesting with a (0)

so is Colette == aColette ? as in for wording and everything else?

as a bunch of the avatar rules are very specific about their wording it is weird to see how effects cary over from Colette to aColette (especially as the manifest rules strip effects).

So that the model that is repalced has an AP limit as to what they can do; but how would that cary over to the 6 AP limit. There was no limit when it was pend, the limit is not tied to the number of AP remaining, the limit is solly tied to the actions performed by decoys and aColette.

So with that rule not in play, and the rule reading as an active counter; how does the lookback into Colette work?

I'm trying to figure out how she would actually behave as I could manifest for "free" turn 3 while completing 1 requirement (doing a (2) action) and still spending 6 AP from the 2 decoys to stay w/in the limit. That could give ehr some pretty silly burst potential.

Also I think the healing flip is done by non-avatar colette as the last sped is to repalce her card.

Your right, effects are stripped when she manifests. AP spent carry over due to the Replace rule. Where it gets complicated is when the replace rule and the Shell Game rule interact.

So, here is my interpretation.

• Remove from the game all Totems attached to Colette
  • Discard all tokens and end all effects on Colette
  • Replace Colette with Colette, Avatar of Deception.

At this point in the Manifest chain you pick one of the aColette models and replace the existing Colette with it. All AP Master Colette used ((0)'s and other AP) are still counting as spent due to the replace rules.

• aColette may immediatly discard a Soulstone to perform a Healing Flip

This gets interesting because officially aColette is now on the table. Ramos's gift says that the first Soulstone the avatar discards is not deducted, so if she heals its with the Ramos' Gift soulstone.

• Place 2 additional aColette models into play within 3" of the first
  • Using the Shell Game Ability, secretly nominate which model is the real aColette and which are decoys.
  • Replace the stat card

So the first model placed down has burned AP, but Shell Game gets invoked after the 3 models hit the table, and Shell Game says all 3 can spend up to a combined total of 6 AP. Even with this, each individual model can only use 3ap since each is fast.

By that logic, I believe that the 2nd and 3rd aColette can still use thier (0) actions and can use the balance of the combined 6ap.

It does do a lot, and if you can go first the next turn you can do a lot more (effectively making their hand a crapshoot)

but if you lose initiative you'll get wrecked.

going to have to see what else I run into putting it on the table.

Edited by bashamer
gota read them replacement rules mroe carefulyl