Totems & Activating

Kriltic

Question

Do totems have to have Link or Companion (or an equivalent) on their card to activate with their Master?

I'm asking to find out if either my Mechanical Attendant or Mobile Toolkit can activate with Hoffman other than using Hoffman's 'Linked In'. I thought they could but now I'm not quite so sure...

2 answers to this question

Link and Companion are two different abilities.

Link allows a model to link to another model, and when that model walks or ends its activation the linked model pushes into base contact, but it doesn't give any simultaneous activation ability (note that Link and Hoffman's (0) Linked In are two different things).

As far as I'm aware, all Totems have Companion, either to a named master, or simply Companion (Master), but not all Totems have Link (in fact, many don't).

The Attendant has Companion (C. Hoffman), the Toolkit has Companion (Master) (at least, they do in the books; are the cards different?), so they can activate simultaneously with Hoffman (obviously assuming they meet the other criteria for Companion).

Cheers

Rob

No they do I just managed to miss it as I always assumed simultaneous activation was due to the fact they were Totems, so when I couldn't find the rule under totems I automatically assumed Id being playing it wrong :facepalm: an epic fail moment on my half I think

Thanks for the clear up/pointing out that Im obviously a natural blonde XD