Gaining ground @ 25 pts what schemes to use

bashamer

So I have models for 3 factions (neverborn, Archanists & Guild)

And I'm considering what to bring to gencon; I like the guild models due to their amazing 4 point models. Sure they are slowish, but damn they are amazing.

But how does Guild deal with the unique schemes;

In neverborn I can pre-plan my schemes pretty easily as I can ignore the other warband easy enough; In guild you don't have that mobility. Archanists have some master specific schemes and faction schemes that you can expand your options with.

It seems like you'd have to be extremely cagy about what schemes you take as you can't re-use them. On top of that some schemes are only available with some strategies.

Also it seems like the Lucius’ rule to re-flip a strategy would be worthless.

Lucius at 25 points is rubbish unless he's leading the crew himself (in which case he can be pretty awesome with the right strategies/schemes).

Anyway, to your question: if you know all strategies up front you can save some schemes for certain strategies. If you know you'll be playing Turf War or Escape and Survive you could save your Breakthrough for that. If you favour a high risk/high reward style you could use Assassinate and Raid on Slaughter.

Some schemes to steer clear of, if you can: Round Up, Family Justice, Steal Relic, Frame for Murder and Eye for an Eye, and announced Grudge or Kill Protégée in extremely competitive environments.

The "easy" stuff: Breakthrough, Hold Out, Assassinate, Bodyguard, Stake a Claim, (+Exterminate, Grudge and Kill Protégée). Save some of these for the tougher matches!

Edited by Headcase2