Zoraida and avatar questions

gorillawizard

Well i'll start with Zoraida first...

Obey spell, ok for example:

I get my voodoo doll out (nudge nudge wink wink, ya know what i mean) and conduit a Mature nephilim, i then sucessfully cast Obey on it with Zoraida and charge Lilith. Now, can i soulstone the attack and damage flips? I'm thinking this cos Zoraida has cast the spell on it, and is in his mind... kinda like the borg lol

Second question is kinda a noob one. I've never played or played against an avatar before so the stat cards are a bit weird to me so here goes...

The 1st manifest requirement for zoraida is to successfully cast Crystal Ball two times and the manifest clock says that in turn 2 you can use (all) actions to manifest if you meet the 1 requirement... how does Zoraida do this when Crystal Ball is a (0) spell and she doesn't have instinctual?

Edited by gorillawizard

1) No, you cannot soulstone the action you force a model to take with obey, unless the model in question has "use soulstone."

2) Instinctual doesn't enter into the discussion as an All action would take both your 0 actions even if she did have it. The only way to manifest Big Z on turn two is to use her other requirement (e.i. killing a model with a model controlled by obey). Just using the Crystal Ball requirement, turn 3 is the earliest you can manifest her.

Hi

1. No, it is the Mature Neph taking the action and he doesn't have the Use Soulstone rule.

2. Short answer is you don't. If you succesfully killed an enemy model using obey in the first turn though then you can use that all action without worrying about getting Crystal Ball. The Manifest requirements do not need to be completed in order.

Edit: What he said.

Ok that fine with the 1st question.

Ah now i see, i thought it meant that you had to do the 1st requirement then the second one. So i understand it now that all you have to do is one or the other. So i can kill an enemy model with Obey (cast by Zoraida) then use the (2) to manifest on turn 2 and then i've still got her (+2) casting master to use. Now i get it...

umm no to manifest an avatar on turn 2 with a (2) action you must meet both requirements not just the number 2 requirement the card specifically says 2 requirements met you would have to cast obey on turn one kill something and use her (0) cost requirement crystal ball on turns 1 and 2 to make it a (2) cost on turn 2