New to Guild

Mournafein

Hello all! I'm a Neverborn player (Lilith and LCB) expanding my malifaux mojo into Guild (I'll soon be buying the Viks, but that's another story). I like to be combat focused and not so much with the support craziness.

The Guild crews I've got at the moment are Justice, Perdita, and Criid.

Now, since I usually face my friend who plays casters, the obvious choice (I think) is Criid. But from where I'm sitting, it looks like pretty much all three will be useful. With Justice, she has ranged support with a good bit of melee help, as well... And they don't exactly go down without a fight.

Dita has shrug off, Df 8, and can pump out crazy damage... Obey is very nice, too.

Criid... Explosions... Anti-caster... Sword... Exploding minions.. Etc?

So I guess what I'm posting about is what exactly strategies usually seem to be?

I could look at pullmyfinger, but I usually get better info from players.

I know. ;) I've written a couple of pages on Pullmyfinger. Hah. But I'm looking to hear from people who not only have experience, but also have innovative ideas that are a little off the beaten path. I get bored with using the same crew set up. So I'd like to try things like taking death marshals with Criid or Perdita with only one or two family members.

So leave Lady J back and then cast it across the board on her? After that, is there an attack plan or is it just hoping, from there?

I typically do this trick towards the end of the turn.. if I'm ahead in models or when all of my opponent's beat sticks have activated.

Of course, I wouldn't put Lady J in harm's way unless there's a worthy prize (objective marker, enemy master, scheme completion, etc). Anyway, it is a way to mitigate the Guild's so called slowness. Plus, I usually have a cache of 4-6 soulstones that should keep Lady J alive for her to activate and go for the kill.

I've also learned the hard way that's it's stupid to take Lucius and no Guardsmen models. 10 points for the slingshot. Take some Guild Guard for corden so Lady J can charge on her terms and also to use Halt to stop getting charged when you don't want to be. Also Austringers are a good defensive line for her until she's ready to strike.

I've also learned the hard way that's it's stupid to take Lucius and no Guardsmen models. 10 points for the slingshot. Take some Guild Guard for corden so Lady J can charge on her terms and also to use Halt to stop getting charged when you don't want to be. Also Austringers are a good defensive line for her until she's ready to strike.

I agree with you. 1 Guiild Guard, 2 Guild Hounds and an Austringer. 15 ss +1 ss cache

Lady Justice 4 ss cache + 1 ss cache due Guild Hound bonus

Lucius 10 ss

Guild Guard 4 ss

Guild Hound 3 ss

Guild Hound 3 ss

Austringer 5 ss

That's a solid 25 ss crew.

For 35 ss add:

Guardian 7 ss or any 7 ss minion like the Executioner, Nino the Judge

the Watcher 3 ss

or

Death Marshalls (for undead crews)/Witchling Staker (Spirits or Ca6+ Masters) 4 ss x 2

Desperate Mercenary 2 ss or add to cache...

In my blog (link below) i talk about models as individuals because crew building can be quite meticulous choice of preference/utility if you need some hints. With Cridd i tend to take cheap minions to turn into witchlings. The excorcist isn't needed as much because just about everything has a magical weapon or spell to deal with spirits.

She isn't as fast as Justice or Perdita but she still has quite a few good tricks and I would dare to say that as far as Guild is concerned her Avatar is better than the others.

In my blog (link below) i talk about models as individuals because crew building can be quite meticulous choice of preference/utility if you need some hints. With Cridd i tend to take cheap minions to turn into witchlings. The excorcist isn't needed as much because just about everything has a magical weapon or spell to deal with spirits.

She isn't as fast as Justice or Perdita but she still has quite a few good tricks and I would dare to say that as far as Guild is concerned her Avatar is better than the others.

Ms. Criid has the best looking Guild Avatar. :P