Malifaux Gencon Prep Tournament on July 15th at Games Plus, Mount Prospect, IL

nilus

bummed... would love to go, but will be out with boyscouts sweating in the woods for the next few days.

No worries, there will be some events starting up post Gencon as well.

Edit: Maybe that new punk in Naperville will even get something going :)

Edited by nilus

Thanks for everyone for coming out. Was really happy to see such a good turn out and the event was a blast to run. Hope to see a lot of you guys at Gencon and my next event(shooting for September)

Winners

1st Place - Bret Rice(Outcasts)

2nd Place - Adam Lee(Guild)

3rd Place - Raul DeLaRosa(Neverborn)

Best painted 35 Stone crew - Joe Deheve(Neverborn)

Thanks for running the event. I was the new'ish Hamelin player. I had a really great time getting some games in, and I'm looking forward to playing some more over time.

No problem, it was a lot of fun and like I said you guys were a real easy group to TO for. Glad I got to play you as well during the bye. Been a while since I played against Hamelin and was interesting. If we played out the whole game you would have beaten me.

Yeah I had a great time and wanna thank you Nilus for hosting and also thank all three of my opponents. I got to play Lilith twice and Hamelin, both masters that i've never gotten to play against before and it was a blast. FYI hamelin made my head hurt playing against, that master is hard to figure out a counter measure to on the fly!!!

Thanks to Nilus for running a fun event! Congrats to Bret on his 6-5 victory to win first place. And anyone who says kidnap is an automatic 2 points can just ask Bret why it was 6-5 instead of 6-6 :-)

That was probably the best game I have experienced in a tournament setting. It really went down to the wire. I thought for sure the game ended in a tie, only to find out Gremlin#5 was the final target for Kidnap and he was still alive and kicking. Looks like I can no longer say Kidnap is an auto win :)

Thanks for the great finale and for speeding up your play in the final 10 min to give me a chance at what I thought was going to be a tie but ended up being a win. I look forward to a rematch :)

/cheers Raul