machine puppet and triggers

GuySmiley

Question

First I am very sorry if this has been asked before but looking back I didn't see an answer.

My question is how machine puppet interacts with paralyze. Does the construct you are targeting have the ability to use a trigger when paralyzed. The confusion arises from the fact that Machine puppet says the construct makes the attack. However, under the paralyzed rules on page 34 it says paralyzed models can not activate triggers. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

I continued my search in my way back machine through the forums and found a posting about the use of obey and paralyze. It stated that a model can not be obeyed until after it forfeited its activation.

So following that a model can not be used as Hoffman's puppet until after paralyze is removed. Just incase anyone was wondering.

It is not I think that a model can't be obeyed while paralyzed as much as their is nothing they can do. Paralyzed says they do not have a melee range, cannot take any type of action, cannot activate triggers, and cannot react to disengaging models.

So if you obey or machine puppet something paralyzed it can't do anything so it would sort of fizzle. Without a melee range even if it could make an attack it has no one in range technically.