Ice Mirror Clarification

SnG

Question

My search skill is apparently weak, as every thread i have read has players agree that ice mirror has changed with the V2 update and that casting through the model with a :ranged attack

both the caster and the model that the spell is bouncing off of with ice mirror must not be engaged with an enemy model.

However I did not see any responses from a rules marshal confirming, and I am told that there is an official ruling out there some where that says that spell can be cast and that the model becomes the originator of the spell, but I am unable to find it yet.

So I was wondering if some one could clear that up, along with some odd interactions.

Silent One casts Ice wind through an Ice Mirror, range is :pulse 2 on a model with frozen heart, is the pulse measured from the model with Frozen heart or are pulses always from caster.

It also states Models with Frozen Heart, including this model, heal 1 WD, would the Silent one heal 1 WD, even if it is out of range of the spell or would the model that the pulse originates from heal the 1 WD?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Models engaged in melee cannot make ranged attacks (RM, pg. 41).

Rasputina has no ability that would let her use ranged attacks while engaged. All that Ice Mirror does is let her draw Rg and LoS from another model (who must also not be engaged if the spell is a ranged attack). This is referenced on the last sentence of Ice Mirror.