This can't be right can it?

Buchanan

I am soon to be the proud owner of an Ortega army and when deciding what to add I decided on either 2 Guild Guard or 2 Death Marshalls, + other stuff.

My queery is, according to the rulebook Guild Guard are Family, am I reading this correctly and so I can alpha strike with the best of the ortegas? Or is this some glitch in the matrix and has since been errata'd?

Much Obliged.

Buch.

The first book had a few typos, for the updated version 2 cards check the download section on this site. Guild Guard are not family and are not unique.

As far as what to take more of a personal preference when it comes to the Guild 4 soul stone minions. Guild guard are more for utility due to their "guardsmen" type buffs and abilities and how they mesh well with a few other guardsmen models. Death Marshals have resiliency with Hard to Wound and are better at ranged, while the Witchlings are quite nasty in hunting down models and do particularly well for a 4 ss model in melee.