Event at Total Wargamer (Evesham) on 17/06/2012

Leggo

Howdy folks. I have been asked to put on a small tournament, at the Total Wargamer store on Sunday 17th June 2012. Annoyingly it clashes with Clousseau's Sunday event, but it was date of which most of the locals would be free, so my hands were tied a little on the date.

Anyway Clousseau and MythicFOX, have been fantastic with helping me come up with ideas, so now is time to present my rules pack.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/78714635/Total%20War%20in%20the%20Badlands.pdf

3 rounds 30 soulstones, random strategies, unique schemes, fixed faction, £5 entry on the day. Thats the main points, but anyone wanting to attend, can register their interest with either myself by emailing malifaux.leggo@gmail.com or Owen at the store by emailing owen@totalwargamer.co.uk

Most of the locals, are new to Malifaux and this will be their first tournament. As such I decided to keep this as a Non-ranked event, although depending upon the level of success, hopefully this may change for future events.

Player list:

1 - Jack Evans / *Jack*

2 - Dave Saunders / Kahuna Dave

3 - Luke Ingram / aka Daves mate

4 - Justin Hirst / Stygmatyr

5 - Simon Read / Etched Oracle

6 - Amelia J-S / Paints faster then her BF

7 - Alan Joynes

8 - Pete Hughes

9 - Kris Hestor

Edited by Leggo
Update entrants

• 1 month later...

After some hectic weeks terrain building, the 9 players showed up, which made it worth while.

Standings were as follows;

1 - Luke Ingram 9/12/15

2 - Jack Evans 9/9/14

3 - Dave Saunders - 6/8/15

4 - Alan Joynes - 4.5/2/12

5 - Simon Read - 4.5/-6/6

6 - Amelia J-S - 3/-4/8

7 - Justin Hirst - 3/-6/10

8 - Kris Hestor - 0/-7/8

9 - David Rolson - 0/-13.5/2

I think David was playing his first games, so I hope he had fun.

Prizes were dished out to the top three, with Dave taking the wooden spoon.

Luke also took out a narrow player voted best painted crew, again beating Jack by one vote.

With a three way tie for best sports, between Amelia, Justin and again Jack, I decided to use TO discretion to vote myself, for Amelia's bubbly personality.

With no extraordinary tales of bad luck, Kris who just missed on walking away with the Spoon, got a new Puppet Deck. I am hoping he can use it to improve his luck in the future.

Finally I need to thank two organisations. Firstly to Total Wargamer for the venue, and some prizes. Secondly to Terrain Geek, for some prize support.

Edited by Leggo