League @ York Garrison - May 16th to June 20th

Guild Monkee

Over the course of 6 weeks (16/05-20/06), I'll be hosting a Malifaux league on a Wednesday night at York Garrison. This is aimed at newer players so only requires playing a minimum of 4 games over the 6 weeks to be eligible for prizes. This will also include a painting competition, the winner of which will be voted for by the Malifaux community on this forum.

Full details and a downloadable rules pack are available on the York Garrison website (http://www.yorkgarrison.co.uk/index.php/forum7?func=view&catid=10&id=6575, bottom of page 1).

If you're interested in joining this league or would like some more infomation, either PM me or post on the Wyrd or Garrison forum.

Excellent, good to add another new player!

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I am proper excited about this. Consider me in.

Having read your blog, I now realise you're not as new as I thought! Is your other half likely to be joining the fun too?

The signup sheet is now available for download on the Garrison forum (http://www.yorkgarrison.co.uk/index.php/forum7?func=view&catid=10&id=6575&limit=6&start=24#6654).

The entrants so far are heavily weighted towards new players with one guy not even having played a proper game yet. This is a great onboarding point for less experienced players as there's a few at the same point in learning the game. I'll probably leave a good chunk of the game nights free to act as rules support, etc for the newer players so there will be help there if you need it.

As added incentive, I'll be a taking a crew that I have used just once, more than 2 years ago and I didn't even win that one so I'll probably be in the running for the wooden glory :)

Don't forget, there is also a painting competition attached to this if that's your cup of tea. All you need to enter this is a legal 35SS that you've painted and used in the league (each model has to have been used, not that specific combination).

• 1 month later...

Glad you enjoyed it!

Here's a copy of the post I put on the Garrison forum, a full final update will go on there tonight.

"The league is officially over, thank you all for playing, I hope you all enjoyed it. I'll get a full update online tonight but here's a quick rundown of the prize winners.

1st - Steve (wins the Ortega crew)

2nd - Nathan (wins the Convict Gunslinger)

3rd - Jason (wins Jack Daw)

Wooden spoon - Sam (wins Von Schill)

There was also an unannounced prize which was the best sport. This was based on all of the feedback that I received about all of the games and goes to the person that was most enjoyable to play against. The winner of this and receiving a shiny new Desperate Merc is Chris R.

I've got a couple more pictures to collect for the painting comp so I'll aim to get those online in the next couple of days (I'll post a link here when they go up).

I'll be running a doubles tournament on Saturday 8th September which will also be open to people outside the club. More details on that will be out soon and keep an eye out for other events, I have a few ideas in the works "