Terrifying and pushes

Kogan Style

Question

Hi all,

We had a situation occur in our game where by a Warpig was sooey'd past a peacekeeper. The terrifying rules state when a model enters a terrifying effect range it has to take a terror test. The pig failed the test and would then stampede. The pigs push meant it was left in the peacekeepers melee range.

We decided that since the pig was moved out of turn sequence it wouldn't stampede until it activated. Was this correct?

As a follow up, the Hog Whisperer ended the stampede. The next turn the gremlin player took another terrifying test and failed and so the pig stampeded, should he have taken another one, since he failed the first but suffered no ill efffects?

2 answers to this question

From what I can work out everything was played correctly. A Stampeding Pig doesn't interrupt another model's activation to make Swine Dashes, it just requires that the Swine Dashes be made when the Pig is activated. So yes, the Pig wouldn't Stampede until it is activated.

In the case of the Whisperer, the Pig is no longer under the effects of Stampede due to the Whisperer. But, as you pointed out, when the Pig does activate, it has to check for Terryfying, fails it, then regains the Stampede effect and has to follow the Stampede rules. Again, seems like it was all played correctly to me.

From what I can work out everything was played correctly. A Stampeding Pig doesn't interrupt another model's activation to make Swine Dashes, it just requires that the Swine Dashes be made when the Pig is activated. So yes, the Pig wouldn't Stampede until it is activated.

In the case of the Whisperer, the Pig is no longer under the effects of Stampede due to the Whisperer. But, as you pointed out, when the Pig does activate, it has to check for Terryfying, fails it, then regains the Stampede effect and has to follow the Stampede rules. Again, seems like it was all played correctly to me.

+1