The Weaver Widow

iamthefly

Hi,

I'v got Pandora, Zoraida and Leveticus (+McM & Nicodem, not relevant here). I'm definately picking up Carrion and Hodgepodge Effigies. So I'l probable pick up Collodi as well.

I'm looking at the Weaver Widow, how good is she?

I can see that if I'm taking a couple of stiched and an Effigy or two she would be a good buffer in a Pandora or Zoraida crew, she might go well with Corpellius and an Insideous madness for terror tactics, but are you just better hiring Teddy from the off instead? She seems easy to kill so I don't want her near combat. Thoughts please.

Here is my main question: Is she any use in a Collodi crew or do his similar skills make her redundant?

Cheers.

She can make wicked dolls with the remains of the dead effigy's and other such things, as Collodi can only make the marrionetts. Or if you preffer, you can sac 2 cards a turn, take holdout and have her make the dolls from your hand instead of counters each turn and they can pop to wheverever colodi is for a 0 action, and when she hits stuff, it ignores armour so she has her uses in combat, just not left alone.

I made myself a Widow proxy a while back right after Fates came out, and have had the chance to play with her. Coupled with Z Collodi, and the Dopp you can get a pretty good Doll/Teddy factory going. The main point I wanted to make was that defense wize she is great cause she has arachnid so make sure to use some of those handy GW buildings or some Terraclips at your lgs and park her a few stories up on a back wall. Deploy her that way and get the doll machine started early with a couple of obeys to get the scrap counters rolling, and you could have a cheap teddy (only 8control cards if you dont bring a sacraficial lamb) by turn 2.