30ss Colette list

Oathborne

Hello Everyone,

I'm playing in a league at my LGS.

Our crews are restricted to 30 ss for each engagement.

I'm new to Malifaux, only played a total of 6 times (only 3 with my current crew).

I loved Colette as soon as I opened the book to her page, picked her out of fluff and love for the models mostly. Didn't know anything about her mechanics from the get-go.

This is the list I've been running and so far in 2 games I'm 1 and 1.

Colette

Cassandra

Performer and Mani

Performer and Mani

Gunsmith

(I make Doves as needed)

Starting with 6ss in pool.

I own Angelica and The Corphyee duet as well.

Is there any improvement anyone can offer. As I said, I haven't had a hard time with it so far. But I just wanted to check.

Thank you,

Oath.

PS I've been looking at picking up, Johann for some magical punch as well, but I don't own him yet.

Hey Oathborne,

See your new on these forums. So firstly welcome aboard and hope you enjoy yourself and get the help/ advice your after...

As for the list you've got it looks quite fun and versatile and a list I have played many times (must be honest, showgirls don't vary all too much), but the beauty of Malifaux is being able to choose your crew after you know what mission your playing (and knowing what faction your enemy is using) so having the Coryphee duet/ Angelica can be useful so you can switch and change to deal with your situations...

Only advice I can give you for your list right now (and many other players) is just to try and play it out... remembering that showgirls normally play to strategies and schemes and not just killing the other player, like so many players get into the habit of doing, Use your immense speed and switching/ Placement abilities to get your key models where they need to be (you can win 8-0 without interacting any enemy models!)

Hope this helps buddy

Hey Oathborne,

See your new on these forums. So firstly welcome aboard and hope you enjoy yourself and get the help/ advice your after...

As for the list you've got it looks quite fun and versatile and a list I have played many times (must be honest, showgirls don't vary all too much), but the beauty of Malifaux is being able to choose your crew after you know what mission your playing (and knowing what faction your enemy is using) so having the Coryphee duet/ Angelica can be useful so you can switch and change to deal with your situations...

Only advice I can give you for your list right now (and many other players) is just to try and play it out... remembering that showgirls normally play to strategies and schemes and not just killing the other player, like so many players get into the habit of doing, Use your immense speed and switching/ Placement abilities to get your key models where they need to be (you can win 8-0 without interacting any enemy models!)

Hope this helps buddy

Thank you, Stern. Yeah I understand what you are saying. The main reason I got into the league was basically to get the experience i need and to play against as many different crews as I can. Win/Loss is not really all that important right now.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks Ted.

I really want to try the Coryphee very badly. I went through a lot of trouble to make them work by coming off of their own bases and forming up onto the bigger base.

Broke my heart when I found out our crews could only be 30 ss.

just seems like putting an awful lot of SS's in one basket though. :(

I would actually suggest swapping a performer for Angelica, she's such a good model.

You are actually better off in every way to bring a performer over Angelica, in almost every game, every scenario.

Angelica, while bring some interesting "tricks" to the table is not what I would consider a good model. In fact, I'll skip her everytime and bring something else. Which is sad really, because I like her sculpt. But the Performer brings something very important to the Colette crew which is a mannequin. And you can do lots of cool crap with one of those over a nifty "that's nice" trick Angelica brings. When you bring a performer, you get the mani for free (a bargin considering how costly/hard it is to get that mani trigger of Colette's).

Really that list needs a couple of Coryphee's. I get they are pricey, but once you start to really tick with the Duet, Cassie and Colette, you'll start to wonder if you every really need anything else. There is just so much synergy between the Duet and Cassie its almost hampering to one if you don't bring the other.

Like I would not consider bringing the Duet unless I had Cassie and vice-versa. By themselves they just cost way too many soulstones to bring to a field where I could only realistically use half of their abilities.

But if you really want to suprise your opponent, bring along Johan. When you tell him you're going to get Johan into raping postion and there is nothing he can do to stop you he'll be surprised. When you do it, he'll cry. Disappearing Act is so funny. Plus, Johan is 5 SS's for Colette, which is the same amount you'll spend on Angelica. The difference is Johan is so worth his 5 SS's where Angelica is situational at best.