Can McMourning's "Master Surgeon" instant-kill on a Red Joker?

rigol

McMourning's Master Surgeon action says "You decide if the target heals Wd as normal or suffers that much Dg instead". So you can use it as an attack.

Do you know if this means a Red Joker will remove all their Wds rather than healing them all (like a Heal would), thus killing them?

My guess is yes. A nasty surprise for an unlucky opponent.

FYI it says the target model's controller gets to flip the card. But you can't cheat or use soulstones on healing flips, so I'm not sure why it bothers to specify who does it.

Apologies if this ought to be in the rules query section of this forum instead.

Thanks for any guidance.

McMourning's Master Surgeon action says "You decide if the target heals Wd as normal or suffers that much Dg instead". So you can use it as an attack.

Do you know if this means a Red Joker will remove all their Wds rather than healing them all (like a Heal would), thus killing them?

My guess is yes. A nasty surprise for an unlucky opponent.

FYI it says the target model's controller gets to flip the card. But you can't cheat or use soulstones on healing flips, so I'm not sure why it bothers to specify who does it.

Apologies if this ought to be in the rules query section of this forum instead.

Thanks for any guidance.

It actually specifies what happens if the Red Joker is flipped, so no, it would not remove all Wds.

I dont know if maybe the V1 card doesnt say so, but the card actually says (paraphrased) "if you flip the red joker, do 3 Dg and flip again and add the additional healing flip to the damage"

So it's basically the same as what normally happens when you RJ a damage flip; flip again and add.