I just painted the Hoff.. so how do I play him?

dunce002917

My C. Hoffman box arrived yesterday. I got so excited I painted him right away... the rest of the box is still unbuilt but primed and ready to go.

post-9656-13911922281807_thumb.jpg

So how do I play him?

Aside from the box models, what other models do I get? Should I get the Mobile Toolkit or the Mechanical Attendant? Do I get the Swarm Spiders? The Steamborg Spider?Any tips would be appreciated.

Ker-Shamelessplug!

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?29405-Since-everyone-else-is-doing-it-Playing-the-Guild-or-Fighting-as-the-law

Not so much a how to play guide but an overview on their strengths etc.

The way the Hoff works is as the heart of a machine, using larger constructs to ride around on then machine puppeting them to make strikes etc.

I don't mind the plug.. thanks for the tip!

Ker-Shamelessplug!

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?29405-Since-everyone-else-is-doing-it-Playing-the-Guild-or-Fighting-as-the-law

Not so much a how to play guide but an overview on their strengths etc.

The way the Hoff works is as the heart of a machine, using larger constructs to ride around on then machine puppeting them to make strikes etc.

So I got my first game with the Hoff with Treasure Hunt as my strategy and picked Frame for Murder and Grudge schemes.

My list: 20 ss

Hoffman

Hunter

Guardian

Watcher

Death Marshall

Death Marshall

I went up against Kirai and her endless horde of spirits. I failed my Frame for Murder scheme because Kirai used a Shikome to kill my Death Marshall (Target for Frame for Murder) and I was unable to kill the Female Drowned (for Grudge). Kirai had her spirits draw the line and complete 3/4 of the reconnoiter strategy.

The game ended with a tie (3VP = 3VP) since Hoffman was able to get the treasure and survive the final turn attacks.

Lesson: This game showed the importance of announcing the scheme. Hoffman's movement and attack cheese with constructs are awesome! I need fast, cheap tarpit/position Minions. Perhaps the Guild Hounds and Austringers (for some uber ranged options).

• 2 weeks later...