Dreamer and Insidious Madness

Zwergenkrieger

Hi all,

I´m thinking about running a Dreamer list soon and because I have 2 Insidious Madness which I really like to play with, I think about using them with the Dreamer too.

Therefore I like to ask wether Insidious Madness is any good with the Dreamer or not.

I´ve never seen the Dreamer being played nor do I fully understand his set of rules and therefore I don´t see why he is named to be overpowered. The last thing I like to have is an over-overpowered list. So if Insidious Madness bring the Dreamer to new heights, I think I´ll refuse to play them. The intended list is as follows:

Neverborn Crew - 35 - Scrap

The Dreamer -- 5 Pool

2 Daydreams [4ss]

Insidious Madness [4ss]

Insidious Madness [4ss]

Stitched Together [5ss]

Teddy [9ss]

Teddy [9ss]

This list is basically built upon the models I like to field. That´s why there are 2 Teddies and 2 Insidious Madnesses. Teddy never did anything good for me, so I want to run him in a pair to get something worth out of him – at least out of one of these two. ;)

I dig the Insidious Madness mainly because of its speed and the possibility to gain initiative when you like to have it. How does it work with the Dreamer?

Last:. Is that list something you´d like to play with or to play against?

Thanks for your replies.

ZK

Hi all,

I´m thinking about running a Dreamer list soon and because I have 2 Insidious Madness which I really like to play with, I think about using them with the Dreamer too.

Therefore I like to ask wether Insidious Madness is any good with the Dreamer or not.

I´ve never seen the Dreamer being played nor do I fully understand his set of rules and therefore I don´t see why he is named to be overpowered. The last thing I like to have is an over-overpowered list. So if Insidious Madness bring the Dreamer to new heights, I think I´ll refuse to play them. The intended list is as follows:

Neverborn Crew - 35 - Scrap

The Dreamer -- 5 Pool

2 Daydreams [4ss]

Insidious Madness [4ss]

Insidious Madness [4ss]

Stitched Together [5ss]

Teddy [9ss]

Teddy [9ss]

This list is basically built upon the models I like to field. That´s why there are 2 Teddies and 2 Insidious Madnesses. Teddy never did anything good for me, so I want to run him in a pair to get something worth out of him – at least out of one of these two. ;)

I dig the Insidious Madness mainly because of its speed and the possibility to gain initiative when you like to have it. How does it work with the Dreamer?

Last:. Is that list something you´d like to play with or to play against?

Thanks for your replies.

ZK

Hello!

I'm a Dreamer player and I've come to understand a few things about him.

Working with Insidious Madness is fantastic especially if you are up against immune to influence models that ain't scared of two Teddy's in their grill. The Insidious Madness attack will burn that immune away.

The Insidious Madness is an objective runner first of all and you should be able to get him to places the other player will not be able to get to unless they are really fast as well. Duck into houses or just fly really far away. If you are lucky the opponent might send a part of their crew to take care of it and they will be more vulnerable to a Teddy drop.

One thing I need to mention though is even though you maxxed out on your crew size and you have 5 soulstones, I've recently came to understand that the Dreamer and especially Chompy love to burn soulstones. Dreamer less so but if he casts a high Cheated/Soulstoned CA Inflict Dreams on a Master/awesome minion, especially at the end of a turn, will probably go through. A negative flip when defending anything from Nightmares is very very powerful especially if the master/awesome minion has to flip Terrifying duels at a negative, uncheatable, flip.

So that is why I am going to suggestion trying to get your soulstone count to 7-8 somehow. I would take out a Insidious or Teddy (Stitched is still crazy good). I know you don't want to hear it now but Night Terrors are cheaper, move only 6, but will not instantly die since they are Hard to Kill. Just keep that in the back of your head.

Watching Teddie's flip out with Flurries with a negative flip on each Defense flip from Inflicted Dreams is something to highly consider.

Edited by Sarsnick

Just my two cents, I can't help with Madness question, but I think his power comes from the idea that if you do things right, you should be able to attack, and have very little chance of being attacked back. But I just started the Dreamer as well, so its possible I'm mistaken. ^^;;

Nope. You're right on the money.