Drawn to Death

Cyphre

Recently played with Bete for the first time and a question arose that I could not answer so if any could help I would really appreciate it.

My necropunk was killed by Von Schill who had companioned one of his Freikorps Men (Von Schill going first), I immediately used Drawn to Death and placed Bete next to the corpse counter that the necropunk left. I then argued that it was my turn but my opponent said that since he had companioned his Freikorps Man then he had the right to continue.

Who is right?

He is. Drawn to Death doesn't say anything about activating immediately so you have to wait till your next turn to activate, which in this case would be after he had finished his simultaneous activation.

So she is just sitting there unable to do anything before her activation?

Yep, which is why you need to be careful when you bring her out. You don't have to bring her out on the first model that dies. It's a judgement call, risk vs reward. You know he's started a simultaneous activation can she weather the attack from the Freikorpsmann of not. If you believe she can bring her out, if she can't wait for a better opportunity. This is also why it's best to bring her out from your own models as you have then next activation if the opponent kills one in most situations.