Seattle - Malifaux Thursdays @ Card Kingdom

A-Mo

If anyone is interested, I'm trying to set up a regular Malifaux night at Card Kingdom in Seattle (Ballard area to be exact). The goal is to get a group of people together every Thursday night for some good ol’fashion scrapping and brawling. Card Kingdom info can be found by clicking the link below. It is a great place for gaming since they have four tables set up for play, and an attached café where you can get coffee, beer or wine after/before your games. Start time will be 6:00pm. Tonight will be our first attempt at a regular get together.

Shoot me a PM if you would like more details.

Thanks

http://www.cardkingdom.com/

First Malifaux night kicked off with 4 people in attendance. This is alot better than the usual zero. We got two games in, just going through the basics. Next week we'll be adding scenarios and schemes. Hope to see more people there. I'll keep this thread updated.

Thanks

Third week in a row success. Probably not the most impressive thing to brag about, but oh well. So far we've got the following crews in the mix:

Pandora

Seamus

Nicodem

Hamiln

I'm hoping that the regular games that we've been playing have to following two effects.

1. The people who have crews, that haven't gotten them painted/assembled, get motivated to play.

2. People who stop by to watch, get motivated to pick up a crew.

Stranger things have happened. *happy*

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit! I have missed so many things posted on the boards by a week or two lately.

i hope this is still going on. I'll show up on the 8th if it is.

Are there specific masters/factions you would like to see?

might be motivation for me to assemble/paint one of my other crews.

otherwise I'll bring my Levi and dreamer crews and be ready to demo if nothing else.

You might consider mentioning this on Ordo fanaticus or I could.

rage has been known to make it down and now that SWC is closed it would be nice to have a place to reliably get games in the area.

Weekly games at CK are still on going. We've missed the last two week due to work or parenting obligations. But I'm planning on showing up nest thrursday (the 8th).

I was sorry to hear about SWC closing, but yeah it would be great to capture some more regulars. Its been pretty hard to get Malifaux off its feet over in ballard. There is currently a pretty heavy warmahordes precesence at CK. Hope to see you soon. Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions.

You should try posting this here:

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30

There are a few guys from the Seattle area that just had a store close down on them (Seattle Wargaming Center) that all play Malifaux, they may decide to come down if it's not too far...

EDIT: lol teach me for not reading the whole thread before responding... either way as the other guy is staying go over to the Ordo website (link above) and see if some of those guys will come down.

see you there on thursday.

Thanks again for the great game. I see why people have so much trouble with the Dreamer. I realised that I need to make sure I keep sucking Pandora's linked Sorrow up to her at the end of her activation. In hind sight, I would have been better off Leaving Pandora closer Chompy, and not moving closer to the stiched.

Regardless, fun game. Hope to see you next week.

Thanks

Thanks again for the great game. I see why people have so much trouble with the Dreamer. I realised that I need to make sure I keep sucking Pandora's linked Sorrow up to her at the end of her activation. In hind sight, I would have been better off Leaving Pandora closer Chompy, and not moving closer to the stiched.

Regardless, fun game. Hope to see you next week.

Thanks

I had a great time. I'm planning on brining a different couple of crews next week.

The Primordial magic casting dementia on Pandora works I think, you just can't cast it on yourself.

Chompy is able to zoom all over the board and do nasty attack sequences to things and zoom back. I just about hung myself out to dry with him twice in our game and did leave him hanging out twisting in the wind the one time.

I think it can make for a no fun play experience but being able to zoom all over yourself (or have other nasty tricks) makes up for it a lot. If you had the sorrow with you chompy would have been dead (as he only had one wound left when you were done beating on him with Pandora) that would have changed the game significantly in your favor.

I was more so thinking that if I had sucked the sorrow up to Pandora at the end of her activation, I would have had a better chance at surviving. I would have had to use a walk action during her activation to get the sorrow b2b while she was harassing chompy. this would have been one less spell thrown chompy's way. Who knows. We'll just have to get a rematch some time ;)

Thanks for the game! sounds like a few more people will show up next week. I'll plan on being there even if you can't and if nothing else perhaps i'll get a game in with Arnie. I plan on having a resser crew together by then. i want to get my Levi crew painted up before I play them again.

Also I think you'd mentioned you hand did that 50mm base you were going to put water effects on for... I forget what. Did you had do that from greenstuff? or was it something you got from somewhere?

Annnnd last but not least I was a big huge cheater in that I combined Ashes and Dust after it had been split by lady J that turn which is a big no no. I'll keep that in mind for next time. I also need to keep in mind the auras that the A&D, DE, and SPAs all have next time I play that crew.

Let me know if you won't be there. I'm brining my fiance so i'll likely help her play a game with someone else knew if you are not around. We could come out to the east side and get a game or two in if you are burned out on moving and want a game as well.

I will most likely be there this Thursday. I got a lot of our moving ish sorted out on Sunday. I wouldn’t worry too much about the A&D reforming, since all I had left at that point was one death marshal. Plus you had more on the board that when the game started. Next time! I think I may just break down and order some night terrors and Coppeilus for my Pandora crew. The starter sets work great for people getting into the game (most of us at CK), but they really come up short against fully fleshed out crews.

See you later this week.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Again, won't be able to make it this week (4/19).

Last week had our best showing yet. I believe there were 5 people total. Hopefully we'll get some more popping in this week.

See everyone on the 26th, not missing that night for sure.

• 2 weeks later...