Rasputina!

ZimmeZitron

Which colors are you planning to use on the Orts?

If by Orts you mean the Ortegas I have already begun the painting process with them, topic can be found here:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?31189-For-a-fistful-of-cards!

I am going to expand with Sue, Perdita Avatar, Latigo Pistoleros and some Austringers.

Also earthfade and durek thank you for your kind words.

You seem to be limited to only give out a certain number of thanks at a time so I will thank you this way instead. :)

Haha! Didn't notice that beautiful Ort crew was yours. I should pay more attention to posters' names. Hehe. Well done, though I do like your Ortega Crew a lot better.

Side note: How do you manage the whites?

I wish a had a ready recipe to give you but unfortunately I haven't. But I can give you a brief summary. First of all I use a white undercoat. The colours I use are only skull white and hawk turquoise, and in some of the deepest recesses a selective wash of asurmen blue. Its all about mixing white and turquoise applying a lot of layers and thinning your paint. Then I just took my time going back and forth with highlights and adjusting the shading until I was happy. Also using som Asurmen blue thinned with a lot of water as a glaze to tie the layers together in some stages.

Not a great explanation but I hope it at least gives you a hint. :)

I wish a had a ready recipe to give you but unfortunately I haven't. But I can give you a brief summary. First of all I use a white undercoat. The colours I use are only skull white and hawk turquoise, and in some of the deepest recesses a selective wash of asurmen blue. Its all about mixing white and turquoise applying a lot of layers and thinning your paint. Then I just took my time going back and forth with highlights and adjusting the shading until I was happy. Also using som Asurmen blue thinned with a lot of water as a glaze to tie the layers together in some stages.

Not a great explanation but I hope it at least gives you a hint. :)

That sounds pretty decent. I'd probably base the to be white parts with a blue/grey color I have and then wash them with a dark blue tone. Follow up by mixing white into the mix. If I ever get to finishing my Ressers and planned rat catching crew, I might pick up a Rapsie and try my go on her crew for funsies.

Did you do the whites on your Perdita model in a similar fashion? Just with brown tones instead of blue?

That sounds pretty decent. I'd probably base the to be white parts with a blue/grey color I have and then wash them with a dark blue tone. Follow up by mixing white into the mix. If I ever get to finishing my Ressers and planned rat catching crew, I might pick up a Rapsie and try my go on her crew for funsies.

Did you do the whites on your Perdita model in a similar fashion? Just with brown tones instead of blue?

If I remember correctly Perdita's white pants was painted with layering and mixing colours, no glazes or washes. Starting from Snakebite leather -> Dheneb Stone -> Skull white. Not 100% sure if the basecoat was pure snakebite or if it was some dheneb stone mixed in to make it a little lighter.

If I remember correctly Perdita's white pants was painted with layering and mixing colours, no glazes or washes. Starting from Snakebite leather -> Dheneb Stone -> Skull white. Not 100% sure if the basecoat was pure snakebite or if it was some dheneb stone mixed in to make it a little lighter.

Hmmm. I would think its a darker base shade. Painting like that takes forever and so many layers, hahaha. I have gotten used to using washes and am totally spoiled. Hehe.