Greetings denizens of Malifaux!

Vedreag

Hello all, I recently decided to get into table top gaming and Malifaux looks like a great game, I have no gaming experience, but after seeing a lot of my friends moving away from GW I decided to start here first! I look forward to meeting you and having a great time learning the game. :)

Welcome! Malifaux is a nice first minis game as it is quite different to others out there so you dont need to 'unlearn' what you already have picked up form other games.

As Fell said malifaux.com is a great resource as is the Malifaux tactica wiki, Pull My Finger (link in sig).

Have fun and look forward to seeing you around the boards in the future

Welcome mang! Post often and ask questions. Its better to post than to lurk! I'm also new to wargaming (malifaux took my cherry) but have quickly learned to love it and I especially like these boards. Everyone is really helpful!

Any thoughts on what you might be playing?

I have my eyes on the Ressurctionists (sp?) Knowing nothing about the game I am basing that solely on how the models look, I an thinking of getting the "undertakers lot" box set and some paint and a fate deck, a buddy of mine is getting one of the guild boxs...cowboy family? and a deck, then we may spilt on a rulebook. I look forward to painting my guys (im awful at it), anyone know a good spot to look for painting advice?

minature matters/showcase (in the "WYRD" section). You'll want primer too (a matte black, gray, or white... the actual color is your choice, but it should be matte). For brushes... buy some "cheap" ones to start with... you'll want at least one 0/5... and maybe one bigger and one smaller. GW makes okay paints... I really like P3 paints... again the brand is personal preference. But I use both.... :) I like the COLORS in the P3 paints much better.

before you prime, you'll want to go over the minis and take off any little tiny tabs that you see... and touch up any mold lines (you can find hobby files at most game and hobby stores. Then you prime them... then you paint them... then you should really seal them *looks ashamed* I haven't found a seal I like yet....

But yeah, those two threads will help you out too.... :)

Have fun :D

gah everyone here is totaly awesome, thanks all

@theonewhofell- thanks for the painting tips, I found a few guides that should clear things up, I did pick up some brushes from my local hardware store for under 3$.."they look like brushes so I guess they will work" is how far my expertise runs haha, I'm not sure of the sizes but its a set of 7, ranging from about the size of a pin head up to the head of nail, they all come to points except flat one 1/2 inch wide which I probly wont be needing.

I'm still searching for primer and paints but we have decided on the Undertakers Lot box and the Ortega box set, the points look fairly even and should be a good time, I'll post pics of them when I'm done :P

How far is it to Maine?? It'd be what, a Seven Hour trip? Much better than 14 :)

There are two Henchmen (actually, one Henchman (Dwug) and one Henchwoman (TheOneWhoFell)) in Bangor Maine. We'd love to teach you the game and help you out!!! Then, when you know your stuff, you can become PEI's first Henchman :)

haha if I ever get my passport renewed i might stop by for a vist :)

"I buy primer from the hardware store..."

I can only get in gallon cans and its really expensive, oh and it said "for latex use" on the side... and from what I've heard about this great game I doubt I'll ever need a gallon of the stuff haha