Guild Lists for Destroy the Evidence?

Brettqpublic

Hello Guildmates,

Out of the 5 core encounters Destroy the Evidence seems like the most difficult one for The Guild to pull off due to the fair amount of mobility required to get the rear evidence counter.

I have only played the strategy once and it was Lady J vs. an inexperienced Marcus player that I tabled on turn 4.

I've put together a couple of lists that I think ought to do well in the scenario but would greatly appreciate C&C.

Hoffman 5 Cache Peacekeeper 9 Guardian 7 Mobile Toolkit 4 Nino 7 Santiago 7

Lady Justice 7 Cache ^ Student of Conflict 4 Lucius 10 Guild Hound 3 Guild Hound 3 Watcher 3 Austringer 5 Austringer 5

In both lists I'm thinking the fire bases will be pulled when Wardens are released but that could be a while so I'm focusing on released models.

Thanks for reading!

If mobility is the issue, why worry about fire power? Why not more speed?

How about...

Lucius (4 SS Pool)

Guild Hounds x 13

Numbers/proximity mitigate insignificant on the hounds (they only need to be significant long enough to tag the evidence). So fast, your opponent can chase you for 6+ turns, but they're not going to accomplish anything. Bodyguard along with Breakthrough should work well.

Or this, if you want to maintain a small level of ranged firepower...

Lucius (4 SS Pool)

Drill Sergeant

Guild Austringer x 2

Guild Hounds x 8

I know, I know, who is actually going to buy that many hounds.

If mobility is the issue, why worry about fire power? Why not more speed?

How about...

Lucius (4 SS Pool)

Guild Hounds x 13

Numbers/proximity mitigate insignificant on the hounds (they only need to be significant long enough to tag the evidence). So fast, your opponent can chase you for 6+ turns, but they're not going to accomplish anything. Bodyguard along with Breakthrough should work well.

I have joked about doing this. The models are honestly the only reason I've never seriously considered it. With only 2 hound sculpts, I'd get real tired of painting dogs.

I've seen several Nicodem and McMourning crews that are basically a bunch of dogs and a master. Then again, they get to do more fun stuff with their dead dogs than we do.