Excorsist

stallion052

I agree that it does make a big difference but it's a double edge sword. Yeah you get extra movement which is great for positioning in the earlier turns but you also have to take a wound to get it. He has a decent amount of wounds but you still probably have to wonder if you can really use it in more than 2 turns.

Overall he seems decent enough so far but in my opinion he is situational. Against undead, etc he is good but not against living opponents. Fair enough he has reasonable basic stats but 90% of his abilities and spells become redundant. For the same cost you can get 2 Latigo Pistolero or a death marshall + 2SS or a convinct gunslinger. He's great to have in your case if your opponent whips out Chompy but most of my games are against Pandy or the Viks where he is pretty must a corpse counter waiting to happen.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I never take exorcist against non-rezzer opponents. While he does have relevant anti-nightmare abilities I think his overall value against a neverborn crew is questionable. Also, I believe the key to getting the most out of your exorcist is positioning your other models with the knowledge that exorcist has a giant bullseye on his back. Accept the fact that he is going to die and get as much value as you can out of the trade your opponent will make to kill him.

While I haven't played him yet, I think he would work well with the Ortega's, or at the least a nice team with Abuela, you can shotgun wedding him and then he benefits from both the healing flips she use and if someone takes a shot at her you get more free movement. And once I get the figure I intend to try this.

• 3 weeks later...

For six points I love my exorcist. If I know I am going to be playing undead or spirits, he is an almost automatic choice at only 6 points he's really not too bad, a little slow sure, but you can always take a wound and gain an extra walk. Remember, resource management is clutch and wounds are a resource.