A (perhaps misguided) tale of 2 armies

jasonfly

Sorry I couldn't give you guys an update, life decided to rear its ugly head at me, but I think (hope) it will stay away for the next few days, so I can actually make some progress. I might even set myself the goal of not playing them until the gang is all painted up (painted ones have more luck, ask any wargamer :) ). Expect an update on johan tomorrow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And What do you think? What should i do with her?

But maybe the problem is with the photo not with the mini :S

Yeah, I know how hard it is to take a decent photo of a mini :(

I'd suggest adding a couple more highlights, especially on her boobs ;)

Do you use a wash as the last layer? (judging from the look, Devlan Mud?)

HE IS COMPLETE!!!!

imag0582w.jpg

considering I haven't painted in ages, i'm fairly pleased with this guy overall. Of course, any suggestions you guys are willing to throw my way will be much appreciated, and I'll try to incorporate them into the desperate merc! (yeah, kind of killed the mystery of who's next on the painting table with that one :P).

Hope you guys enjoy, and keep the suggestions/input coming!

Since all of you have been nice and patient, i'm gonna be increasing the painting output! Expecting to have 2 or 3 minis done by friday evening, since i'm going to be out of the country for 4 days after that. I have to leave you guys with some pictures of my work that you can judge and critique.

On a side note, i'd appreciate any suggestions on what to do to improve my painting skills would be greatly appreciated, since I am trying to improve my painting skills throughout this project.

Happy wargaming!

• 2 weeks later...

Rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated.

Anyways, I know I have sinned when it comes to my painting deadlines, but life threw an unexpected (although certainly welcome :) ) surprise my way.

Back on topic, the malifaux bug bit me with a vengeance today. Probably due to having my first game today (result: DRAW!!!!), and thoroughly enjoyed observing the way that whatever higher powers may be influenced our card pulls.

Specifically, Johan more than proved himself in my eyes. In fact, I am so proud of his performance today that I'm going to go into storymode to tell you the tale of Johan, the renegade steamfitter.

'...and as the battle raged, both sides had taken severe casualties. Johan and Bishop were hugging the cover provided by a local gunsmith's shop, while Viktoria attempted to flank the remaining gremlin. Before he could react however, Ophelia leaped from cover in a do or die assault. After he gunsmoke settled, Johan was amazingly left standing, albeit slightly bloodied. Sensing the chance to reap glorious revenge upon this upstart vermin his fingers clenched around the handle of his relic hammer, his constant companion throughout his misadventures in this strange world. Before he could break into a sprint that would surely have led to a near decapitating blow, another vile gremlin appeared, spurred on by Ophelia's assault. Known as Raphael, the vermin felt that Johan's luck would not hold out. Drawing his firearm and releasing a cascade of bullet casings, Johan was struck repeatedly. He was not to die without a blaze of glory however, as higher powers were watching over him that day. Slumped against the wall, with numerous sucking chest wounds, Johan drew his long-serving, if slightly malinged, companion. Johan never did feel a sense of accomplishment at downing an enemy at range, preferring instead to prove his skill at arms and savor the feel of breaking bone caused by the unrelenting blows of his hammer. Fate was with him this day however, as he took aim at Raphael and scored a direct hit (13 of masks). the gremlin's luck would not hold out under this final assault. the round struck him directly in the eye and ricocheted around inside his skull, causing untold damage (red joker flip :D). Choking upon his own blood, Johan grinned at Ophelia. From between his bloodstained teeth he managed to utter his final words of defiance. 'Don't think you're getting out of this alive' he rasped, before finally succumbing to injuries which would have immediately been the death knell for lesser men. Seeing the grim determination facing her, Ophelia felt it unwise to present an opportunity for Bishop to close with her, as the vagaries of fate were not with her that day.

Edited by jasonfly