Onslaught question.

G&TBoy

Question

My apologies if this question has been answered previously.

Lady Justice charges Kirai. Hits and manages to trigger Onslaught. The kirai player uses spirit sheath to apply the affects of the duel to a seishin in base contact with her.

Does this transfer the damage and the effect of the onslaught trigger, or just the damage and as kirai was the original target of the attack she would be the model targeted by the onslaught strike?

2 answers to this question

Is it Lord Chompy Bits you're talking about for the Onslaught trigger? Well, here it is anyway...

Onslaught: After damaging defender with a Melee Strike with this weapon, immediately make a Melee Strike with this weapon, targeting the defender.
Well, if she applies the dual to the Seishin, she is not being damaged by the Melee Strike, therefore they cannot possibly activate this trigger as is it not the defender being damaged.

That's my take on it anyway.

I think the ruling in this thread applies here:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20898

When Kirai moves the Strike onto the Seishin, she also transfers the status of "defender". Since the Seishin is now the defender, Onslaught triggers and LJ can make another Strike against it (in the unlikely event that it survives)

Mike