Seamus Undead Psychosis

borboski

Question

Hi, can I check the rules on this as it was making my pal extremely annoyed!

Seamus Undead Psychosis lets you target 1-2 models and force them to not end a move within 3" of an Undead Model. It looks like it casts on anyone, e.g. no restrictions about spirits, undead, etc.

Two Punk Zombies are touching Seamus, so he casts it on them. A Hooded Rider or other undead person is just behind Seamus.

Seamus activates and casts No Escape on one of the Punk Zombies - Seamus gets a free charge if it moves.

The first Punk Zombie activates (that has been No Escaped) and has to try and move away from - well, not just the Hooded Rider but his Punk Zombie friend.

What happens? My interpretation is that the Punk Zombie stays where it is, Seamus gets a charge attack. If the Zombie is still alive it has to move again; can Seamus make a disengaging strike and force him to stay next to him.

Then the other Punk Zombie activates and Seamus has the option of two disengaging strikes. Again, as long as the strikes hit in effect no ones move.

Anything wrong with that? I could see he was irritated by basically being paralysed. He also couldn't see the logic of why I was casted this spell to make him move away, but then making the disengaging strikes to keep him there - obviously my rationale is he has to waste his activations. Undead psychosis seems very nasty against any undead opponents

3 answers to this question

I think it works slightly differently because you missed a step.

The punk activates and has to move away. As soon as that movement starts Seamus charges - the punk stays where it is. After the charge is resolved and if the punk is still alive (watch out for that paired Katana StD attack!) it gets to complete it's original walk action. As soon as that walk takes it out of melee with Seamus (so >1" away) Seamus can disengaging Strike. The Rider might also be able to make a disengaging Strike depending on ranges. If the punk defends successfully he can finish off his walk, all from the use of his first AP. If he fails he has to try and walk away a second time, with further disengaging Strikes.

Personally I'd rather let them walk away though. If you keep them next to Seamus and your opponent wins initiative next turn, your Master is facing a double Flurry which is likely to take down even Seamus.

Mike

You cannot charge a model you're already in melee with, even with No Escape. So when the Punk activated it would start to move away, giving you a disengaging strike. If it moved again once it was out of Seamus' melee range, then you could charge via No Escape.

You can use disengaging strikes to keep them close and force them to waste actions while they're affected by Undead Psychosis. And yes, it's a great spell in all sorts of situations :)