Guild Austringer target question..

Caamora

This came up the other night. I used my Cherub to take over the Guild Austringer and the only puppet adjacent to a friendly puppet was the Cherub touching the Asutringer... soooo.. could the rip caused by the Austringer be applied to itself as long as it was not a rip that would kill it?

After reading the 'friendly' puppet definition I think the Austringer is now frienldy since I am controlling it and I have no valid targets for his ability as I have no friendly puppets adjacent to any enemy puppets.. but a second opinion would be nice.. just in case.

So if the Austringer is not friendly to my crew since he was not from my toybox, but he is friendly with his original crew from his toybox then he could attack any puppet in his crew that was adjacent to a friendly puppet of his crew thus attacking his own team.. worded poorly but sounds corrrect.. yes?

Ok so I am still on the fence with this one as the definition of 'control' states 'effects may allow you to temporarily control an enemy puppet'.. so actually no allegiance is changing he is still an enemy to me and friendly to his crew and since the Austringer targets a 'puppet adjacent to ANY friendly puppet' I believe he may attack his team... sounds almost like a legal discussion.. haha.. anyway thats how I see it after some legalize analysis.. would love to see agree or disagree posts just for my gaming partners sanity.. hahaha...

The ATTACK action does denote an adjacent enemy puppet but the Austringer card seems to override that IMO

Ok so I am still on the fence with this one as the definition of 'control' states 'effects may allow you to temporarily control an enemy puppet'.. so actually no allegiance is changing he is still an enemy to me and friendly to his crew and since the Austringer targets a 'puppet adjacent to ANY friendly puppet' I believe he may attack his team... sounds almost like a legal discussion.. haha.. anyway thats how I see it after some legalize analysis.. would love to see agree or disagree posts just for my gaming partners sanity.. hahaha...

The ATTACK action does denote an adjacent enemy puppet but the Austringer card seems to override that IMO

Yes, the austringer could use its ability to attack friendly puppets.

But while being controlled by an opponent, it has no friendly puppets. Yes, some effects allow you to control enemy puppets. But while a player which did not select it for their toy box is controlling it, it considers all other puppets enemies. But more opinions are always welcome. :)