The Wrath of December!

Happy-Yeti

As I am a fickle being I came to the conclusion that I quite simply needed to show my Rasputina Crew as it has been very recently painted. I personally did not paint it, rather a friend who does commissions painted it (at a discounted price) for me. So far I only have the starter box set for good 'ol Raspy's crew. I plan to buy a silent one and the essence of power in the very near future. I also have a Lucius set which is also being painted by said friend of mine which I'll likely post once it is completed. Anyway, keeping on topic, here it is, the Cult of December!

raspy.jpg

Anyways, thoughts and critiques are welcome, I'll be sure to pass them on to the painter!

~Yeti

I like to give anyone whom I pay to paint my models as much creative freedom as is humanely possible (I think this improves the quality, nobody enjoys painting to a rigid regime) and along with that I personally think that Raspy can wear whatever she pleases, I view her as a cruel and vain villain of sorts, she's doing everything to further herself and enforces her will like a tyrant. Meanwhile she is playing host to December's plan and attempting to maintain control of her own body. Personally I'm of the belief she could be wearing a rainbow outfit and she would still seem somehow intimidating.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

~Yeti

To temper what The-Madman said a bit, the bases just need a bit more. When I've done snow bases in the past i've used PVA mixed with baking soda to make a "slush" and then applied it with toothpickk. It might help add the texture that your bases are missing here to make them pop.

Give it a try, snow bases can be a very tricky thing to do but kudos for giving it a go.

I use " the army painter " battle field products

Their 'micro bubble' snown is really quite good and FAR less expensive than any of the other leading brands

I use Woodland Scenics Soft Flake Snow. It builds up into drifts without any filler, and looks nice and fluffy. It's really cheap, too.

For slushy snow, I'll use salt and baking soda mixed with Elmer's glue.