Counters and Effects

Hugor

Been rereading the rules, all my Puppet Cards, and the forums since I am planning on doing a demo in the near future, and I want to make sure I have been explaining all the different counters and effect situations correctly in the games I have been forcing my family and girlfriend to play in order to learn the game myself.

One Time Effects:

• Things like the Judge's Pins and Needles affect only that activation, and will need to be attempted again in future activations, even if they are within the same Round. So, if the Judge reactivates, (taking the rip), it does not get two attacks, unless it succeeds in using the Pins and Needles action.

Typical Counters:

• Kade has the ability to give Stuck Counters through Tantrum. This effect (since it is labeled as a counter) will stay after the Resolve phase, because it is a counter. The Same would be true of Lady Justice's Powerful +1 from A Really Sharp Sword (which she can move to someone else With My Eyes Closed! which would then stay on them as well), Sebastian's Decay Counters, and the Zombie Chihuahua's Combat - 1 Rabies effect.

Typical Effects:

• Marcus can cause Paralyzed with Fire + Stuffing = Scary. Paralyze is an effect, so it will be removed at the end of the round. The same is true for the Powerful +1 from Lady Justice's Elite Combat Training, and the Confused from the Rotten Belle's Confusing Feelings.

One Time Effect and a Typical Effect:

• If I am reading Nino correctly, when performing Aim for the Stitches, he gains a Powerful +1 for the rest of Step 2 (until the Resolve Phase), but the Combat - 1 only affects this particular attack. So, if Nino reactivates this round (taking the Rip) he will still have the Powerful +1

Situational Effects:

• Things like Seamus' Taking Advantage and the Death Marshal's Marshal are situational (when this is true), but end like typical effects at the Resolve phase. Seamus provides Powerful +1 through Taking Advantage only when the effected puppet is attacking an Exhausted puppet. But, this Effect will end at the Resolve phase (I assume). The Death Marshal's Marshal effect provides Combat +1 only when the friendly puppets are within range 2. So this ends when the puppets leave range or during the Resolve, since the Marshal Effect will end then. Both could be "cast" again during the round activation though, since the effects do not carry over.

Situational, but more permanent effects:

• Presumably, the Rattler's Overextended is slightly different, since it is caused by a Rip. So, once ripped, the Rattler has the effect Multitask. Presumably it won't go away at the Resolve phase if the Rattler still has a rip, (or I guess it goes away at the resolve, but instantly comes back and the beginning of the new round). It is immediately removed if the rip is Sewn Up. I feel like the Guild Hound's Best Friend works the same way, since it will have the Combat +3 whenever it is next to it's Master (even after a Resolve), and does not have to redo anything as long as it is within range. When it moves out of range though, the Combat effect is immediately removed.

Effects that cause other things:

• The Executioner has Confused...but Enraged. If I am reading this correctly, when it is affected by a Combat effect (I read this to mean Combat +/- #) it gains a Powerful +1. If the Combat Effect is an effect, the Powerful +1 is removed during the Resolve phase. if the Combat Effect is a Counter (couldn't find an example of this, but it may exist on a puppet I don't have) the Powerful +1 would remain until the Counter is somehow removed (Nurse's Bath Time). I also read this as any Combat +/- #. So, if the Executioner is affected by the Death Marshal's Marshal effect (gaining Combat +1) it will be confused and gain Powerful +1.

I know that is a lot, but am I understanding all these slight differences correctly?

Thanks!