Toybox...

M_Ruckuss

Hey.I have a few questions regarding how models are hired/recruited in the game, i.e. how the game works in terms of multiple models.

Is there a unique characteristic which allows a model, say the hooded rider, to only be taken once per crew or in a game?

Can I take multiples of models such as sorrows and sluird?

Teddy's card says I can take multiples of him in my box- how is this any different to other models?

Cheers in advance.

Hey.I have a few questions regarding how models are hired/recruited in the game, i.e. how the game works in terms of multiple models.

Is there a unique characteristic which allows a model, say the hooded rider, to only be taken once per crew or in a game?

Can I take multiples of models such as sorrows and sluird?

Teddy's card says I can take multiples of him in my box- how is this any different to other models?

Cheers in advance.

Yup there is.

Sidekicks: Can only take up to 1 of any Sidekick and your allowed 1 Sidekick per 4 Puppets of your Toybox size. So if your playing an 8 Puppet game, you can have up to 2 Sidekicks, etc.

Pawns: You can take up to 3 of any Pawn in your Toybox.

Straight from the rules on the Puppet Wars site:

Sidekick:

This Puppet is a Sidekick. You may include only 1 of each Sidekick in your Toy Box. Only ¼ (rounding up) of your Puppets may be Sidekicks.

[ Example: A Toy box with 1-4 Puppets may include 1 Sidekick, a Toy Box with 5-8 Puppets may include 2 Sidekicks, etc.]

Pawn:

This Puppet is a Pawn. You may include up to 3 of each Pawn in your Toy Box.

3 Jujus as they are minions.

You can have more than 3 Teddies, I think as they have the same name you could only have 3 otherwise even though they are different colours.

Yup exactly. Teddy Bear Picnic is there to override the 3 of 1 Pawn rule. Its all based on the Pawn name really, so even if there is the same puppet with multiple different Upgrades etc, if the name is the same, the restrictions fall into place.

@ Ratty- Cheers mate- been trying to get hold of you. Are you around this week?

@ Karn- Thanks for all the replies- much appreciated! Understand it now.

Am thinking models I might want to use more than one of:

Teddy

Mature Neph

Sorrow

Sluirid

Witchling

Any of these not worth taking/any I may have missed from the current pawn sets? (Thinking about using Guild/Merc and, of course, born masters)

There are some good models across the board. If you are running Neverborn I would recommend not having too many of any suit that is not masks as you will have issues activating. You are fine taking suitless models though.

I do rate the Nurse, she is very useful as she is the only way of currently removing counters in the game.