Maybe a stupid question.

Kabosan

Question

If a model has flight does the charge maintain that ability? I ask this as a Nephilim player (specifically Lilith). My question is, I guess, 2 part.

1) Mature and Young Nephilim get Diving Attack which ignores LoS, terrain and intervening models. At (2) AP.

2) All models (including flying models) get charge at (2) AP.

So... what if I have LoS to a target, but terrain is in the way? or intervening models?

Flight says: Models with the Flight Ability move over terrain without other penalty and above other models but cannot end their movement in or on impassible terrain or on another model's base.

Does this mean, as long as a model has LoS, and charges it can do the Flight thing and ignore terrain and model's bases? I think Flight also allows one to ignore the disengaging strikes from all models not already in melee. So a charge from a flying model is flying?

or?

Charges are always handled from the ground level, as if the charge was just a straight on the ground attack, without flying?

So: Does Diving Attack only really affect LoS? And say, can a Mature Nephilim with (1) AP Charge (from say the Black Blood Shaman) charge to a model, ignoring movement penalties from severe terrain or model bases, get in melee and do his stuff?

I have looked but can't seem to find a definiative answer?

1 answer to this question

Hello!

Yes Diving attack really only affects LoS. So when a flying model does a normal charge, it is still flying and takes in consideration all the flying advantages but still needs LoS. When Diving Attack it's all the benefits of fly plus no LoS needed. The shaman makes the Mature Nephs very hard indeed!

:)