yokai's Malifaux Crews

yokai

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone,

I have just finished, more or less, my first crew, the second is just about done, and I thought I might as well post them here in order to get some advice on how to improve them. I myself am always shocked by the way models actually look quite good 'in the flesh' but terrible once they are photographed. Anyway, I just moved and havn't foud my lightbox yet so these are just some quick pics on my new gaming table with the camera of the mobile phone.

Anyway, here's the old favourite Seamus and his gang. And to stay true to the stereotypes next up will be the good Lady J

seamus.jpg

cybelle.jpg

belle1.jpg

belle2.jpg

belle3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Sucking in inspiration, for when i have to paint my own Seamus crew :D

I really...like really really dig you undead skin color. Its just spot on. But this is allso why, i find myself thinking, that your "human" skin color is lacking a bit.

I know its hard, but where your udneads have a really nasty, rotten look to them, in a fairly realistic way, the normal skin tone ends up looking somewhat cartoonish.

Think this might be helped, with some carefull thin layers of paint, and a couple of thinned down washes on top, but not 100% sure...im batteling this same problem myself.

and as a last note...That Madam Sybelle is one nasty piece of ass :D

Keep up the good work.

Seb