Adding to Kirai Box

AlpBomb

Picked up Kirai and her Avatar at GC, finally looking to add to the box.

I know I need:

Lost Love

2 blisters of Seishin

Do i need 1 or 2 Shikome?

How many Gaki?

Dead Rider?

More than 1 Datsue Ba?

I have most of the older rezzer stuff, but will also add nighterrors and Guild Autopsies to the order.

Thanks for input!

The general first purchases with Kirai's box are Lost Love, 2 blisters of Seishin, two blisters of Gaki, and 1 Shikome. You may only use one Datsu-Ba.

After that consider things from this list (in no particular order): 2 Blisters of Night Terrors, another Shikome, 1 Blister of The Hanged, 2 Insidious Madness, Von Schill, Freikorps Librarian, another blister of Gaki, 1 Rotten Belle.

Dont buy 2 blisters of Gaki if you're on a budget. You'll never run them in a starting list and you wont summon them *that* often. In 50-odd games I've never needed more than 3. Same goes for Onryo, dont bother with an extra blister unless you're feeling flush. Most people will let you proxy these models should it ever happen that you surpass the number you already have, anyway.

Datsue-Ba is unique. Skip Dead Rider, it's not worth it. Likewise Hanged are overrated, as is the Librarian. You may occasionally find use for Von Schill and/or a single Rotten Belle as SoulG says. Also consider a single Desperate Mercenary as Kirai relies heavily on outactivating your opponent, and he's cheap and has an amazing gun :)

The most important models to get immediately are:

1 Shikome (second one soon as you can afford)

2 Night Terrors (two more, soon as you can afford)

Insidious Madness

As you get more advanced you'll want to pick up Jack Daw, but I'd say play a minimum of 10 games without him first. He's difficult to get into and not always a good choice. Best to learn with the basics.

One box of Gaki is probably enough.

I like tha hanged with Kirai simply because combined with the Onryo Mark of Jigoku you can tag immune enemies with their WP ability and give them a very bad day.

Shikome is a good heavy hitter. Again run one for now.

Not sold on the Dead Rider myself.

The Librarian if she got spirited could be useful, but not so necessary for kirai as she has a lot of healing tricks.

Thanks.

There are a lot more options available for her than I thought. I have Hanged and Insidious already, but I did order up at least 1 blister of what you guys have mentioned. I almost ordered 2 blisters of Shikome and didnt.

I did order a librarian because I saw several threads mention it. Is it still 1 extra SS to hire her?

Looking forward to trying Kirai out. I did beta test her a bit, but that was the last time I touched her.

Thanks!

There are plenty of times I have 2 Shikome on the field. I love these gals. But I leaned never to start with them. Only summon them!!!

1 pack of Gaki is enough, as others have already said.

Night Terrors are good, but you may not need more than 1 pack (maybe get a second when you can).

As for the Dead Rider. I actually really like this guy. He hits hard, he's mobile, resilient and one hell of a good distraction. He gets killed every game, but he does enough damage and soaks enough hits from my opponent that I've never wished I wasn't using him. Him and a Shikome make an excellent 1-2 punch.