vics best minion to tackle hamelin the plagued.

Pox

so, never played against Haemlin the plagued before and was looking at what would be a good minion for the vics to take along to ideally help with this master.

the three contenders in my minds eye all clocking in at 9SS are

Hamelin the ratcatcher.

Jack daw or

Von Schill.

let me elaborate and please tell me if i'm completly wrong on any point.

Hamelin the ratcatcher -

Pros: Bully seems the key ability, with Hamelin the plagued clocking a lot of height 1 models - and the ability to ignore all of those is pretty good going.

Irresistible Dance - is a great spell irregardless of opponent, very useful i assume on rat-catchers and other significant models.

Obey - always nice to cast on my own people to gain more hitting power.

Pipers Lure - ability to move rats/units away from ratcatchers/hamelin and then kill them where they do not generate more rats.

So all round a good defence and cannot be targetted by most of hamelins crew with some interesting disruption spells, and the ability to obey my crew into more death dealing.

decent WP and plenty of wounds.

Jack Daw:

Can try to scare rats away i guess at Terrifying 13.

real pain to get rid of I am assuming - especially since rats can't actually hurt him as they are slow.

- severed ties could help slow hamelins spell-casting down a little? with him not using soul stones/cheating fate.

again decent WP.

Von Schill

- very mobile with his good move value, nimble and flight.

- packs a big punch with his clockwork seeker, and can gain control cards by killing Ht1 models with his hunting knife.

- Slow to die makes him hard to get rid off

- Ruthless and decent WP makes he can hunt the stolen I guess? picking them off to make it easier to get rid of hamelin.

- more reliable then the other options as his main strengths are movement/gun rather then spells.

So what do people think? or is their someone even better for the job that i have completely overlooked?

First off, I'm sort of curious about the reason to posting this under the neverborn. Seems you would have better responses from the Outcast forum.

I'm probably the least considered knowledged on Hamlin, but this is what I think

One thing to point out, I'm not sure how this would effect you but doesn't Hamlin the Plagued make all rats not insignificant within 12" of him?

And as far as I've been aware of him, doing effects or even wholesale slaughtering of the rat's won't accomplish much as they can be sacrificed and bring out the same ones back.

You are mentioning Ratcatchers and stolen, What do you feel you will use to counter what Nix brings to the table?

Ronin are half the price of Von Schill, and with Run through and Next Target can gain push moves through a rat screen to tackle Ratcatchers. Their Daisho also ignores the armour bestowed by the rats and gives + flip to damage. Melee expert should allow them at least 2 strikes on their ultimate target.

They are also Hard to Kill.

Viks shouldn't leave home without them.

Edited by Serigala

First off, I'm sort of curious about the reason to posting this under the neverborn. Seems you would have better responses from the Outcast forum.

gah that is just me getting it wrong (was reading the Pandora thread) will transfer this over to the outcast section.

You are mentioning Ratcatchers and stolen, What do you feel you will use to counter what Nix brings to the table?

not looked much at Nix, just never had a problem with spirits in the past, so guess Taelor was my main nix answer, though now you come to mention it...

anyho will move this over, the Ronin idea is fantastic though, really hadn't considered maximising their run-through move to that extent.