Hoffman Story/Fluff Questions: Wyrd Writers are welcomed here :)

Da Big Baws

As I have mentioned in another topic, C. Hoffman is by far my favorite character in Malifaux. I haven't read Book 1 and 2 completely yet and don't own Book 3 yet (but that should be remedied soon), but I wanted to know more details on him, if any one of the following questions are addressed in one of the Books, simply pointing in which Book I can find it will satisfy my curiosity.

I am aware some of these questions may go into unexplored territory. If Wyrd writers don't think appropriate to address them, I'm ok with that.

1. What are Hoffman's and Ryle's age (since this is a progressive story, I guess their age when arriving to Malifaux would be a good answer)?

2. Is Hoffman the only guy who handles Ryle's repairs and maintance? Is Hoffman ok with others handling his brother?

3. How does the general populace react to Hoffman, both as a Guild Officer and his Mechanika skills given his health issues?

4. Since they where "abucted" by Arcanist grunts when the train incident, I assume Hoffman lost most/all things he had. Does he keep anything of Ryle with him? His character gives me the impression he might.

5. What is C. Hoffman's first name?

Edited by Da Big Baws

As far as his age I haven't seen anything to suggest anyone's except maybe Zoraida's in book 3. As for Hoffman's character I think you will get what your looking for in book 3. Book 1 has nothing on him. Book 2 paints him the white or fat kid that gets picked last but is not dissuaded in the least. I feel that book 3 shows his emotional depth and that he starts to gain some confidence in himself even though some still view him as a under. Least that's my rough summery. I really enjoyed reading his stories and feel you will really the what you want from book 3.