I made me a toybox!

AntiZombie

Hey all, due to the flimsy nature of the puppet wars box and not wanting to damage my paint jobs i spent the afternoon crafting a toybox for my puppets. I haven't quite finished it yet, i will be painting the suits in the corners of the top board. I also have to figure out a way to keep the top on strudily. I don't have to transport it too far but it is far enough for me to want to have it very secure.

outsidebox.jpg

insidebox.jpg

ALLLLLL THE THINGS!!!

allthethings.jpg

Peace out,

AZ

Thanks for the kind words and the fun banter.

I finished it tonight. No pictures because i looks largly the same. I used small 1 inch/1/4 inch ceramic earth magnets. I mounted one 1/2 below the lip on each corner. Then i put the others on the top of the board. It is a solid seal and does not seem to be easily broken ( unless you are trying) so yay! it's a sealed black box. I will post pictures if i ever get the suits painted on the corners.

Also for everyone's info, the board IS removable. I just cut one slat so it is very tight but can be removed easily on the top, the board then just slides out.

Hey i acutally did it. I finished it completly. Freehand painted the suits onto the board! If any one has any suggestions as to anything else this thing needs please let me know. I seem to be tricking my toybox out ;) . Unfortuantly the crows and rams were kind of washed out in the pic, they are not flat white :P . Total cost of construction this things was about 20$ if you do not include the foam inserts i had laying around.

Top view

board.jpg

Close ups of the corners

suitcomp.jpg

Edited by AntiZombie

awesome looking Puppet Wars toybox. How difficult was it to construct?

It was acutally quite easy to create if you make sure you are meticulous about measuring. Only took me an afternoon of college football watching The whole thing is made out of balsa wood you can buy at the hobby/art store. The top and bottom are just glued together 4 inch balsa sheets with duct tape to reinforce the side that will not be seen.

the side panels of the box are just a little thicker balsa ( belive it is 1/4 inch thick)

I also designed it so i can just make a frame and add another layer of foam for expansion ( with a few magnets)

That is acutally two battle foam trays. I had them laying around. I just cut one of them to size. I belive the box is about 33 cm x 33 cm x 1 1/2 inchs ( ya i know my units are weird). Those were the basic dimensions i used. Then i just adjusted based on the additional widths of the balsa wood.

It really is easy to do though. You just build it around how much battlefoam you want inside. Measure once, cut twice. Wood cost is only about 20 USD or so. The hardest part of it was figuring out the board inlay and deciding on using the small magnets. everything else is pretty easy and strait forward.