Rotten Belle Decay counter

joelmmorgan

If Seamus reanimates a Rotten Belle she comes in with a Decay Counter on her. This means if she is torn apart she leaves the game.

Question:

At the end of the Animation Rounds you clear all counters. This means you clear the Decay token so if Belle is torn apart she can be reanimated right?

Thanks

Nope!

You don't actually clear Counters, you clear all other effects though. The Counter keyword means that it persists from turn to turn and its not cleared at the end of the turns. Effectively, they are permanent unless something specifically removes them.

Straight from the rules:

Counters:

Some Effects generate Counters. When a Counter is generated, it is usually placed on the Target of the Effect (but read the the Effect closely for instructions on exactly where to place the Counter!) and is not removed during the Resolve the Turn step. Counters may not be dropped, given to another Puppet, or removed, except by an Effect which removes the Counter. A Counter causes an Effect to the game element on which it is placed (usually a Puppet). When the Puppet carrying the Counter is Torn Apart, the Counter is Removed From the Game. Counters ALWAYS stack with other Counters, even Counters of the same name. The name of a Counter will indicate its Effect.

So you would need something like the Zombie Chihuahua and it's Eat Anything action which states it can remove Decay Counters or the Nurse's Bath Time (which removes all effects and counters).

Edited by karn987

Straight from the rules:

Thanks karn987, reading is a good thing as it appears. I have gone through the book a few times. This makes better sense.

This would also be true for Lady Justice Powerful Counter. Since it is not an Effect it is not removed at the end of the round.

It is going to be important to keep track of say a Lady J Powerful +1 Counter and say the +1 Powerful effect from the spell Elite Combat Training which would cleared at the end of Animation Round. Both could be on Lady J at once.

This game gets better and better the more we play. First game we were shuffling our decks at the end of Animation, then we fixed this and things got a lot more interesting, better interesting.

This clarification will make things better too.

Where do you play in MA? I am down the South Shore and typically play on the Cape.

Edited by joelmmorgan

Yeah realising that Kade put Stuck Counters on a model rather than just Stuck made a huge difference. It made Pandora far more playable.

Put a stuck counter on Lady J then ManHandled, Wing Buffeted and Knife Wielding Babied her all the way back into my area of control and she couldn't run away last game.

Thanks karn987, reading is a good thing as it appears. I have gone through the book a few times. This makes better sense.

This would also be true for Lady Justice Powerful Counter. Since it is not an Effect it is not removed at the end of the round.

It is going to be important to keep track of say a Lady J Powerful +1 Counter and say the +1 Powerful effect from the spell Elite Combat Training which would cleared at the end of Animation Round. Both could be on Lady J at once.

This game gets better and better the more we play. First game we were shuffling our decks at the end of Animation, then we fixed this and things got a lot more interesting, better interesting.

This clarification will make things better too.

Where do you play in MA? I am down the South Shore and typically play on the Cape.

Glad I could help!

I play and live up in Northern Ma, 3 Trolls Games and Puzzles in Chelmsford. Just a short hop off of 495N to it for you :)

Maybe you can drop by some time and we can get a game in or two :D

@Ratty: And people call me evil ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to point out that there are ways to remove counters. I like using Seamus bringing back Belles from the scrapheap and then getting rid of the counters. Zombie Chihuahua comes to mind, but there are other ways :). It can get really frustrating to keep running in to Belles, especially when one had a lot of :crows in their hand.