Poisoned Dumb guy

Mr_Smigs

Question

4 answers to this question

My guess is this would be one of those situations where since two effects are happing at the same time the player chooses which order they go off. So you would die before you spent the card.

But I don't have the cards and the rules manual in front of me so I am just going by gut.

I don't think it's in the Rules Manual.

However, I think the other discussion will also clear up similar discussions. It's a matter of knowing the state of the effects.

In terms of Dumb, as you say, it is a May, and therefore will happen after. So it's sort of a mute point, so long as future abilities indicate whether they are immediate or not.

people keep citing this "active player chooses" thing?

where is that in the Rules Manual?

I think I might have confused this with when an effect happens to multiple models at the same time.

Regardless I reread this and realized this is a mute point. As you said Dumb is a may ability so it would happen after poison. I think we can assume since poison has no choice its a must effect even if it does'nt say must.

Since your hypothetical "must" discard at start of activation doesn't exist we can safely assume that if some sort of power does happen it will be worded in a way to clearly state when it happens(take not designers and playtesters :)).

For examples

Really Dumb: This model Must discard a card at the begining of its activation or recieve slow. This effect is resolved after all other start of activation must actions.