Fire and Ice revisited

micahwc

I was thinking about this list. I would like to hear your thoughts about it.

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Rasputina -- 8 Pool

Essence of Power [2ss]

Kaeris [8ss]

Gunsmith [6ss]

Silent One [6ss]

Taelor [9ss]

I chose it for thematic reasons and because I like the models. I was wondering how you all feel it would work out. I feel it has a good mix of range, melee, and magic.

I think 6 activations is pretty light for a 35 point crew. That said, you have 6 very solid pieces. I would personally probably look at dropping Taelor for two Gamin (either Ice or Fire, your choice) and then another Essence of Power perhaps. I think what you would gain in Burning Tokens would make up for Taelor's usefulness.

Good point about the Gamin and the activations. I like Taelor's model and want an excuse to buy and paint it, hence her being included in the crew.

If I include Kaeris as a henchwoman, does the special forces limit of two mean that I can only hire one gunsmith? Or is the limit now removed? If it is the latter, I think replacing Taelor with a second gunsmith would also be a good option. I would then have 3 models with good melee abilities, 5 models with ranged attacks two of which where magical.

I'm pretty sure that the limit is removed when Kaeris hits the table. I agree with a pair of gamin. Another option would be a Blessed of December out of Book 3, Joss or an Ice Golem as they are (mostly) themed models that can pack a serious punch. Adding the second EoP takes care of having too many SS, and both Tina and Kaeris can use them well.

On a different note, taking the Blessed and picking up the female gunslinger alt (or keeping Taelor) will also give you an all female crew, which is just fun :)

Good to know you're still playing and messing around with the game!

Yep. Still playing, even without you here. Miss you. :(

I got more stuff for Lucius instead of Raspy though. Chanst ordered the Kaeris set so I got another watcher, 2 austringers, a drill sergeant, and some guild hounds. I was going for the all female crew, hence adding Taelor.

Chanst and I have all guild masters and henchmen, all neverborn masters, most arcanist masters, most ressurectionist masters, and some outcast now. Just need more people to play.