New to Malifaux - List advice.

Hida Kaiju

Hi Guildsmen, I'm new to Malifaux (haven't actually played a game yet as I'm waiting delivery of my stuff), I'm a well seasoned player of many games and am a PG for WarmaHordes so MAlifaux appeals to me as a little more detailed smaller skirmish game.

I have read quite a bit on the forums, have all of the rulebooks and am looking for some list advice for my Master: C. Hoffman.

Here's my preliminary list:-

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

C. Hoffman -- 4 Pool

Mobile Toolkit [4ss]

Death Marshal [4ss]

Guardian [7ss]

Peacekeeper [9ss]

Ryle, Guild Pawn [8ss]

Watcher [3ss]

Ideally I'd want the hunter in there to as he seems cool, but really think the Toolkit should be handy as it won't get left behind and can making healing flips etc.

Any advice criticism welcome,

Cheers, Kaiju.

Hi Guildsmen, I'm new to Malifaux (haven't actually played a game yet as I'm waiting delivery of my stuff), I'm a well seasoned player of many games and am a PG for WarmaHordes so MAlifaux appeals to me as a little more detailed smaller skirmish game.

I have read quite a bit on the forums, have all of the rulebooks and am looking for some list advice for my Master: C. Hoffman.

Here's my preliminary list:-

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

C. Hoffman -- 4 Pool

Mobile Toolkit [4ss]

Death Marshal [4ss]

Guardian [7ss]

Peacekeeper [9ss]

Ryle, Guild Pawn [8ss]

Watcher [3ss]

Ideally I'd want the hunter in there to as he seems cool, but really think the Toolkit should be handy as it won't get left behind and can making healing flips etc.

Any advice criticism welcome,

Cheers, Kaiju.

Looks like a solid Hoffman crew, just a couple points:

- I like the mechanical attendant if running Ryle and a Peacekeeper since you can keep the peacekeeper near Hoffman to ignore his negative abilities, and the attendant by Ryle to ignore his. The attendant + Ryle can put a lot of lead downrange when working together also.

- Two watchers are better than one! They're a very mobile objective grabbing unit in an otherwise slower/clumped together crew.

Remember, you can hire constructs out of faction, and there's a LOT of great Arcanist constructs to select from too!

Remember, you can hire constructs out of faction, and there's a LOT of great Arcanist constructs to select from too!

Large Steampunk Arachnids are amazing for there points! they are on 50mm bases so drop 3 scrap counters.

Soulstone miners are also a good one and can make quite a cheeky list with hoffman

Not quite Hoffman player yet but is there any particular reason you took the Death Marshal? Or just because he looks cool? When it comes to Hoffman the more constructs the better, since his CA goes up and his main damage spell also goes up.

I would trade the Death Marshal for another Watcher, its cheaper so you get another stone to your cache. Also it is really fast and can tie up objectives or "burn out" your opponents activation's.

Not quite Hoffman player yet but is there any particular reason you took the Death Marshal? Or just because he looks cool? When it comes to Hoffman the more constructs the better, since his CA goes up and his main damage spell also goes up.

I would trade the Death Marshal for another Watcher, its cheaper so you get another stone to your cache. Also it is really fast and can tie up objectives or "burn out" your opponents activation's.

Taking a living model to stand behind Ryle makes him quite a bit quicker thanks to Socially Repressed. Also, there generally comes a point when you've got enough Constructs - its a rare game when I want to keep my entire force close to Hoffman. I love Watchers, but that's with pretty much any Guild Master, as they're cheap fast objective grabbers...

I would swap the Death Marshal for a Witchling Stalker though - still a living model, but brings a magic weapon which is something Hoffman is lacking generally...

Cheers fella's, was tempted by the mech attendant as i like the model and his ability to team up with Ryle & possibly a watcher giving ranged buffs to the angry brother.

I guess I'll vary a bit based on match ups, but yeah looking at it I'll prolly plump for mechanical attendant to make up a little fire team with Ryle & Watcher and will prolly go for a witching as Neverborn & Ressurectionist is a likely match up in our meta.

Tar,

Kaiju.