2 Questions, Fire Gamin, and Blind Justice

eudaimon

Question

Hi all, two quick questions.

1. Who may hire Fire Gamin? They have an ability which i think is called Drawn to Flame (book not with me at the moment). That says that crews led by Kaeris and Sonnia MAY hire the gamin.

Does that mean that ONLY crews led by Sonnia and Kaeris may hire them? If yes, then why does the rule say MAY rather than MAY ONLY. If no, then why bother putting Kaeris in the rule at all, surely it should just say that Sonnia can hire the gamin for no extra cost as well as other Arcanists. And what happens if the crew is led by Ramos say, but Kaeris is a henchman? The crew creator says any arcanist can hire, but I am not sure based on this rule.

2. As couple of rules exist (at least for Perdita and Lady Justice, See the Unseen and Blind Justice I think) where it says something like "this model ignore increases in RG and DG, and tests to be able to target a model". What does it mean, ignores increases in RG?

The only thing I can think of is if Rasputina is getting an increase in her range from a Silent One, and using that increased RG she can now target Perdita but otherwise she could not, then she could not target Perdita because the increase in RG is ignored. But that doesn't sound right because the rest of this ability sounds like an offensive ability for Perdita and LJ, not a defensive one. So can anyone tell me what this rule does, with an example rule to help clarify it for me?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

BTW it's Rg and Df..

Friendly models ignore increases in Rg and Df, and any Duels required from spells or talents to target models.

More or less there are things that make it harder to Hit a target. Some of them might increase the distance to the Enemy. EG instead of the 8" it might be away from you they might count as being 14" away for the purposes of Ranged Attacks. They might have a bonus to their Df in certain situation, or you might have to take a test to target them Eg Pandora's Expose Fears:

Enemies attempting to target this model for any reason must first win a Wp → Wp Duel or Action immediately ends.

See the Unseen means they always have the Df printed on the card, are always the distance they actually are from you and you don't have to take a test to target them.