Order of model removal

Serigala

Question

This must be somewhere, but I don't know what to search for. If someone can point me to the thread that would be great.

Suppose Papa Loco or Pere Ravage blow up within range of a bunch of rats and a rat catcher, doing enough damage to kill all of them.

If the rat catcher dies first then no rats come back. If the rats die first then the rat catcher doesn't have Armour (though I know this is usually ignored by blasts).

Who decides the order to apply the damage to the models? The acting player (attacker) or the owner (defender). My guess is that the attacker chooses the order of the attacks.

5 answers to this question

They all take damage simultaneously, so the Rats will all be alive when the Rat Catcher gets hit for Armor purposes.

Lets say they all take enough damage to kill them. They would all die simultaneously. You resolve their on death effects, however neither the Rats or the Rat Catcher can be healed as they can't be affected by effects once they count as dead. Then you remove them.

Edited by Ratty

Ooh. Wasn't expecting that.

This is presumably because the blasts have a fixed damage profile with no defence.

If Armour actually gave a benefit against the blast then I guess the rat catcher would get the benefit, as at the instant he is hit the rats are in place. (I know it doesn't but there might be something else in the game that comes up with a similar effect).

If the models actually made a defence flip (is there a situation where that would come up) then my original question would apply.

There are no blasts that need a Resist or Defence flip. There are spells like Project Emotions which use a 50mm Selection Template that might have been labeled :blast to confuse people, these resolve like any other spell with multiple models effected. Resolve each model completely before you move on.