Arachnid horde

Stern

Hey guys...

After restarting my Arcanist Ramos crew thanks to this weeks new releases... I build myself another brass arachnid...

I then wondered, would people accept me using brass arachnids as a replacement for steampunk arachnids... for example say 12 (6 x singles and 2 x swarms) the models would happily fit...

what are peoples opinions of this? price isn't the issue I just think they would look awesome! would anyone mind playing against this or predict any issues?

Edited by Stern

Do you do much tourney play. I'm sure in a local format no one would probably care but would it be official tourney legal? IDK.

I do play alot of tournaments... (all about the rankings ;)) granted the UK GT organiser (fortunately I live with her) says it would be acceptable as long as i never use a 'normal' brass arachnid (they are quite rubbish anyway, and just a cheap scrap counter)... as proxies are concerned it is a wyrd mini, guess its down to the TO every time

I do play alot of tournaments... (all about the rankings ;)) granted the UK GT organiser (fortunately I live with her) says it would be acceptable as long as i never use a 'normal' brass arachnid (they are quite rubbish anyway, and just a cheap scrap counter)... as proxies are concerned it is a wyrd mini, guess its down to the TO every time

That's convenient. I would guess as long as you got prior approval from the TO you should be good and like you said - if you don't use the actual totem.

I'm just putting together my Ramos crew. I'm surprised that you consider it rubbish, I plan to run the Mobile Toolkit but I figured that just the Reactivate ability of the Brassy would make it worthwhile occasionally.

I'm surprised that you consider it rubbish, I plan to run the Mobile Toolkit but I figured that just the Reactivate ability of the Brassy would make it worthwhile occasionally.

I do find it rubbish for most strategies... the toolkit is quicker and usually does alot more... when i am using aRamos I used to take the Brass arachnid to kill first turn for a scrap counter to turn into an arachnid (basically allowing him to move turn one before he manifests turn 2, and only potentially a reactivate for more movement and maybe some wounds towards manifesting also)