What will I need?

MegaDoomer

I am picking this up for my game group to play. I'll be getting the core, multiplayer expansions, and all 3 boosters.

I noticed the core comes with 2 decks so I assume every player needs their own deck. It doesn't seem like the multiplayer expansions comes with any decks. So will I need to buy 2 extra decks for 4 of us to play, or is 2 enough for everyone? Or does the expansion come with the decks and I have just missed where it stated so? Please help. Thanks in advance.

The multiplayer has no decks in it and you need one per player.

So you have to buy two more decks to play with four players.

Yup! That is the long and short of it. You've got 1 of every mini's release and 2 more Puppet Decks, you've got everything you need to play with 4 players. Though a few bags of chips or whatever you fancy is always a good idea to :D

One could play with a regular 54 deck of cards, but the suits are easier to remember if you use puppet decks or Malifaux decks. I still mix up a suit now and then by looking at it and saying the wrong suit.

Right just like in Malifaux you can play with a standard deck of 52 cards, as long as the jokers are distinct and you call which one is black ahead of time.